ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with hdmi

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Right I want all my media in 1 room. So that's a sky box, a pc, a ps3, an Xbox at some point and anything else you can think of.

i want to be able to use any one of those media services in any room of the house and the garage.

so what's the best solution to this?

sky box can be on trolled by iPad so its no issue with be controller, keyboard/mouse for the pc is wireless or could get a BT one or I can use logmein or similar on the iPad to control that, ps3/Xbox will only really be payed in 1 room (the room with the bits in) anyway so not a big issue.

So how can I get whatever media I want playing on any TV I want wherever I m in the house?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Is there such a thing as this...

a box where I can put 1 hdmi input in, and get 5 of the same outputs in hdmi?

Polo + Micra
have a look here

not the cheapest probably but will do what you want

just remember you might start getting problems with long hdmi leads

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Don't think ill be going more then 50 ft tbh. Gonna sort the house out first.

im really struggling to get my head around this lol.

i want every media device in 1 room but have them sending picture and audio to 4 tv's and eventually a projector and surround sound system

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
How would you do it then mate?

id like to have an interactive house when it comes to TV and media etc.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
That is a more expensive one of the one posted earlier it seems because its going via Ethernet.

i think what I will do is buy a nas drive for all my media and then use plex (can I do this on a nas drive?) to stream to all the tv's I need to. That way I can add any sound system I want to whatever TV I want.

then with sky ill have it in the main room and attempt to split the signal to each TV and run hdmi cables to each TV.