ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help with insurance question please

work for BMW
wonder if anyone can help me with a question, no haterz please im just a poor student haha,

i go to university so i am a student from bath but currently doing a work placement away from home,
insurance would be a lot cheaper if i put the address of my car at my actual home and parents house in bath,
but im living in bournemouth at the mo and going back to bath regularly.

so even thou im living in bournemouth at the moment could i put the address for my insurance to my bath address? how would this effect insurance claims etc as i do technically still live there?

cheers guys for the help

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
I believe the car will have to be insured for the address that it spends most of its time. Not worth insuring it elsewhere in case it gets nicked.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
pm 1 of the insurance brokers that advertise on here and ask their advise, only way to get a definite answer most others will be guessing.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
If you're back at bath 3 nights a week and elsewhere the other 4, I would probably risk it.

If you're not in bath a few nights a week, then I wouldn't take the risk. It doesn't take much to prove you're not really living in bath.

MR2 Mk1.5
so even thou im living in bournemouth at the moment could i put the address for my insurance to my bath address? how would this effect insurance claims etc as i do technically still live there?

If you have a claim at the Bournemouth address, you could be looking at void insurance.