ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with items on a car we are viewing

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Re put up as it seemed to be moved.

Viewing a 182 Clio cup on an 05 plate, but there are a few things that have my mind ticking, so I'd appreciate a few pointers and opinions please.

Firstly: to me the clutch felt quite heavy, especially in comparism to other cars we drive.
Bite point was at a decent level and it certainly wasn't slipping so I'd say the clutch itself was ok, but do they suffer anything else within this department?
Are they cable operated, do these suffer fatigue?
Or are they hydraulic, if so then surely it shouldn't be heavy!?

The other thing, and kind of hard to clarify with this weather, is the drivers footwell seemed a little damp.
Now I know my mate has used it for a few days in the bad weather and he seems to think it's just from his wet snowy feet everytime he gets in, but he is going to leave it a few days untouched to see if we can eliminate that and prove the point.
Do they suffer anything that could cause a little water leak in the drivers footwell?

106GTI / NovaC20LET
all the clio rs clutches are heavy so that sounds normal, as for carpets mine have been drenched recently due to people getting in and out with snow on feet. hope this helps.

Jap Box
The clutches are rather heavy in clio's, i noticed this myself after driving my mums car and it felt like my foot was just gliding on her pedals.

Not to sure on the bite but mines pretty high up the pedal, im comparing this to other cars though so I have no real idea on where it should really be.

Footwell dampness is common apparently, some part could be blocked under the scuttle panel which will be causing it, I have the same with mine, it did go and now it seems to have come back due to the snowfall.