ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help With Lap Top Screen.?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The other day i managed to drop my lop top and have cracked the screen.When i turn on the lap top now i have a very strange array of lines and crap going across it so i cant see what im doing.
Is there any way or a lead i can buy to plug in to my other lap top so i can get pics and stuff off the old one or would i have to take it to a computer shop.?

Many thanks.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Thanks mate that looks like a good idea.

No problem. :)

I did the same with one of my old laptops, having an external hard drive is very handy. But there are 2 types of connection, so you will need to look at your hard drive before you buy the enclosure.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Thats sound cheers.Is it a simple case of just plugging it into the broken laptop and it will do the rest.?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
why dont you try and plug you laptop into your tv and use that as your screen and transfer files via ethernet crossover cable or hard drive, memory sticks etc

Thats a good idea, but he will then have a perfectly useable hard drive sitting around when he could spend a fiver on a case for it.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Thats sound cheers.Is it a simple case of just plugging it into the broken laptop and it will do the rest.?

You just have to take the bottom off, take the hard drive out, stick it in the case and plug it into your new laptop. Dead easy stuff.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Plug into into a tv/screen via a VGA cable.

Normally FN and one of the F buttons will turn the screen on, look at the logos on the buttons.

I'd just plug in an external HDD and transfer all you need, clear the laptop and sell it on ebay.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
You can buy screens on ebay for about £30-£40, usually a couple of clips and 6 screws to change them over.
done far too many to mention due to clumsy peoples!