ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with Mac student purchase

you may know it, clio?
Im looking to buy the 13.3" Mac book and they do a 13% student discount but also you can get a free ipod touch..

How to it work or how would i apply?

Just on the phone to them now but have been waiting about 15 minutes..

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i purchased my mbp over the phone, they asked if i was a student i said yes, they asked where i said an institution and that was all they asked for (fact is im not a student anymore lol) i got a 15% discount and also got 3 years apple care for 50 quid!

you may know it, clio?
Just spoke to them and you get:

15% off (depends on what you buy)
£145 off an ipod touch
£60 printer free if you buy a laptop

Also as said above dont need to much to prove you're a student. If you buy it from a store you need to take a print out of a letter from UCAS apparently.

Monaro VXR
I went in to the other day and bought a 13" white mac book with student discount.

Go into the apple store if you have one close by with your student card. All you need. All I took anyway just my university ID nothing else.

They will just scan your student card. Then ask one of the guys who can authorize the discount to do it and that's it. Take the apple care cover as well. Normally £190 or so. Its £44 I believe as a student, so worth taking for the 3 year peace of mind. Free iPod touch as well, or any iPod you want. Can only claim a maximum of £145 back though, so you still have to pay VAT basically.

The iPod you still have to fork out the £160+ up front. Then you send away for money back, either via mail in rebate or fill the form in on the net.

Think it came to around £700 for my Macbook, iPod touch and Apple care protection. Which is fairly cheap. Depending on the laptop you buy depends on the discount. You get a bit more off on the higher end laptops I believe. Least I was told I would get 17% off if I came back an bought a 17" MBP in a couple months.

Merc A class
The 13" Macbook pro works out cheaper now with student discount especially if your at uni! 15%, Where College Discount is 13% Iirc!

I bought the mac book Aluminum 2 weeks ago, They bought the Macbook pro out i wanted that went into store asked if i could due it being cheaper and a much better spec they agreed with no question asked!

Also you can get apple care for around £44

I also got a free years of lessons for programs like Final cut and Dreamweaver etc!

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
On Saturday I bought the following:

MacBook Pro 13" - £899
Apple Care 3 year warranty - £195
13" Apple notebook case - £39.95
Mini Displayport to DVI connector - £20
DVI to HDMI lead - £15

Total = 1168.95

With full educational discount of 15% on the MBP and cheap Apple Care I only paid £886!!!! That's a huge saving of £282.95 and everything worked out at £13 less than the MacBook Pro was going to cost alone.

Last edited: