ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with my audio set-up please :-)

52 plate 1.2 clio
Hi all, I have done a lot of searching and found nobody with similar problems.

Basically, I like loud music - however when I turn it up loud, it doesn't stay loud for long. And then when I turn it down a little it is really quiet.

Just wondered what the problem is? I have 4 13cm speakers going off of my Sony Xplod headunit, I am hoping that a seperate amp for the speakers, using RCA cables will resolve this?

Can somebody please confirm?

Also, probably isn't helpful, but I have a 12" sub with monoblock amp.

Please help!

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
I've not done too much car audio stuff but I've worked with standard speaker setups.

The volume can turn itself down if the cables are of a too smaller grade, the amp is not powerful enough, or I would assume if the battery was almost flat.
Sometimes if the speakers can't take the power then the sound will turn down to prevent distortion.

52 plate 1.2 clio
I'm no audio expert but perhaps a farad capacitor may help? http://www.amazon.com/Power-Acoustik-Farad-Digital-Capacitor/dp/B000EOOU6M

Possible solution, I may try this after getting an amp in there.

My headlights don't dim when I turn up the music though so I doubt that this will fix it.

My theory: The built in amps in the headunit are overheating and therefore creating resistance and not letting out enough juice. Can any expert tell me if this sounds plausible?

Ph1 Non Sport
are the speakers after market ones or the standard clio ones? When the speakers aren't getting the right power to them it can cause damage to them and that might be what your problem is.
This has happened to my vibe 6x9s as I wired them straight to the headunit rather than a separate amp. Just a thought as it may be the problem... but just hope It's something simpler and that I'm wrong!

52 plate 1.2 clio
are the speakers after market ones or the standard clio ones? When the speakers aren't getting the right power to them it can cause damage to them and that might be what your problem is.
This has happened to my vibe 6x9s as I wired them straight to the headunit rather than a separate amp. Just a thought as it may be the problem... but just hope It's something simpler and that I'm wrong!

They are all aftermarket - 35 RMS. I am replacing them with 70 Watt RMS Edge components tomorrow though, along with an amp.

Thanks for everyones help, if anybody has any further advice then please share!

Polo + Micra
Possible solution, I may try this after getting an amp in there.

My headlights don't dim when I turn up the music though so I doubt that this will fix it.

My theory: The built in amps in the headunit are overheating and therefore creating resistance and not letting out enough juice. Can any expert tell me if this sounds plausible?

if it is turning itself down when played at higher volume

my guess would be that it is turning itself down to protect the amp inside the head unit

it's nothing to do with size of cables, not having enough power from the car, needing a capacitor (no one needs one of these)

52 plate 1.2 clio
if it is turning itself down when played at higher volume

my guess would be that it is turning itself down to protect the amp inside the head unit

it's nothing to do with size of cables, not having enough power from the car, needing a capacitor (no one needs one of these)

So your suggestion would be to use an external amp? Thanks for the info - makes perfect sense