ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help with my dci 80 mk2 please

clio dci 80
hi everyone having a strange moment with my clio

in june last year had the timing belt full kit done with water pump and aux belt
about a week later the aux belt starting squealing i went back and they adjusted it then in december last year it started again
i went back to the garage who first of all wanted to charge me lol but they adjusted it again and lubricated the area they said it could be a bearing
for the aux belt gone

anyway it doesnt squeal when you start the car only when you have the lights on heater etc the more you put on the worse it gets i.e the other day freezing cold
didnt do it but when i put the heater on it started making the noise also noticed the lights dipping now and again and also when driving with the noise and i dip the clutch for a bit it goes away and also when doing the noise and accelerating when it stops its like a boost of power to the engine

i have also noticed today like a huming sound coming from the engine area from within the car just before the noise comes

could this be all a battery problem or something else

many thanks in advance for all your help :)

1.5 (65) 172 rep..
Strangely ive been having this problem.. Now we believe it could be my alternator... So will be putting a new one on soon!

clio dci 80
hi mate if you could let me know how the outcome is that would be great did you notice that it was sometimes harder to start sometimes even though heater plug symbol gone out? mine did this morning

Megane dci 130
There's a special tool to tension non air on models. A lot of backstreet garages don't use them. The belts on these have to be set pretty tight. Tighter than you would think.

1.5 (65) 172 rep..
hi mate if you could let me know how the outcome is that would be great did you notice that it was sometimes harder to start sometimes even though heater plug symbol gone out? mine did this morning
Yeah will do, Ive changed everything else.. Worth a shot.

clio dci 80
had my alternator and battery checked today and all ok which is a bonus just thinking if the garage didnt do the alternator belt at all as the mechanic today said it didnt look new which is worrying

clio dci 80
so sorry mate yes i did thank you i went to a different garage today and was recommended he said he checked that it was fully tensioned properly and he checked with his tool ;-) thanks again mate