ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help with plenum

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
im goin to start polishing my 172 plenum today and i need to know what grade polishing bits i need for the drill ? ive used the search and cant find anything cheers

mike

Clio 172 cup mk2
Im not the best person to answer this question but will help shed some light.

I once polished my williams rocker cover and used different grades of wet and dry sand paper. You need course to very fine wet and dry think the finest is around 2000 and the roughest around 500 but anyways. Start with the roughest paper and just rub and rub and rub and work your way down till you get the alloy to a smooth finish. Then you can use an alloy polish to make it shine. I did try using a dremmel drill once with one of these little stones on the end and all it did was make a mess.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
had the dremel out managed to brake every bit got fecked off so im gonna take it to a polisher unless you want to do it fred lol