ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with Recaro fitment

Focus RS
I have been told by many how easy this job is but i really don't wanna do it, i want it done right and if i do it it wont be. I'm no good at things like this and i don't pretend to be so if anybody fancies earning a bit of cash and live wolverhampton area then please come and fit my seats, i phoned for a quote and was told they would need the car all day and it would be £80 plus v.a.t (not giving company name), any advice/help would be great.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
If you have seats & runners, build them up.
Then it's just a case of four nuts under car, lift out & replace for each seat.
Renault replaced my runners in less than 30m.

Its easy to change them if you have the right runners etc only 4 bolts hold the seat in and a few wires for airbags etc.

Any more than an 2 hours and there having a laught. Sounds like they quoted a day and such a lowe cost (labour rates probably £60 an hour) is because they can fit your car in when they get a moment as its easier to plan work like that.

Focus RS
I have just fitted Recaros in two Clio V6's using modified OEM subframes and also fitted after market buckets in a V6 using generic subframes. I have a set of Megane Recaro subframes I have modified to fit a Clio V6 too so know a bit about seat installation.

I will offer any help you need m8.

Also I did a write-up here, http://www.v6clio.net/wiki/index.php?title=Fitting_Aftermarket_Seats, if it is any user ;-)

Martin

Thanks mate real good for the offer but me and a mate fitted these over the weekend, took most of the afternoon but cost me nothing so all is good. Just gotta sell my original 182 seats now.