ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help with removing driverside drive shaft.

Clio 172
ok, i've removed everything. i've removed the splines from the swivel hub. The only problem now is getting the driveshaft to come out the gear box side. do i just need to keep pulling? there is no roll pin is there? please help!!!

clio 172 iceburg silver
just give it a sharp hard pull, should pop straight out, it will be tough but there is nothing holding it in there now with the hub out the way

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
are you sure there isnt a roll pin?

i use williams driveshafts but the o/s splined section on my JC5 has the hole for it, so i would assume (we all know what assumption is lol) the 172 driveshafts have them too?

if there is no roll pin i find a rubber mallet does the trick if it's stuck

clio 172 iceburg silver
hi fella yeh my bad reading that you had taken everything apart i thought you had done the roll pin 2.. it can be found on the gearbox end of the drive shaft...if you pm me your email i can forward you the renault handbook of that operation for you in pdf.. and its in section 21-5

Clio 172
right. thanks for everyones help. b*****d deffo wasnt budging and then it started snowing so i thought balls to it. ive put it back together and its booked in at a garage. first time ive had to accept defeat with doing work to my car and it should have been so simple!