ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help with starting car!!?

clio 1.4
a few weeks ago i had to but a new battery as my other one had died from the cold, now a few weeks later im having the same trouble, would this be the new battery or the alternator?

Clio dCi65 Dynamique
Sounds like alternator to be honest? Two batterys in such a short space of time isnt possible...

clio 1.4
as soon at i put the jump leads on to the car it will start straight away? would this be the alternator or the starter motor?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm going with the alternator.

Have you got the right battery on there? If its too small it will need a boost to start it.

clio 1.4
yeh as when i first put the new battery on it was fine, but now it needs jump leads attached to start it! how much am i looking at for an alternator?

Clio 172 Cup
Hi
This could also be an intermittant drain on the battery. This is quite common on clios. If you need an alternator give me the numbers off the old 1 and i can tell you what you should be paying for 1.