ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with Steering hub compatibility!

Clio MKI 1.2rl
Hi,

I have searched the forum for an answer to this, but can't seem to find what i'm after.

I have a 3 door, mk 1, phase 3, 1998 Clio 1.2 'Biarritz', and am trying to find a steering hub (boss) to fit an aftermarket wheel. The aftermarket wheel is a standard 70mm pitch jobbie.

My problem is that the omp, momo etc hubs marketed as MK1 compatible are only for 90-96 models. I have ordered an OMP one (1960RE107C) and a cheap unbranded one (HM motorsports or something like that) to try them. The steering column diameter, and spline size seems correct, but my steering column has 3 evenly spaced flat sections so the OMP boss does not fit.

Can anyone please advise, do I need a Mk2 boss kit? I've seen others elude to using a 16V kit, are they different. Please help!

many thanks
Harry

Clio MKI 1.2rl
SOLVED Steering hub Compatibility Mk1 Ph3 Clio

Hi

Just a quick update for anyone who is searching the forums for the correct steering boss kit for the Mk1 Ph3 1.2 Clio rl (no airbag)

OMP part no. 1960RE113. It is listed as a Mk2 Ph1 steering hub kit

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
valvers dont have locator splines nor do williams! i didnt think any of the mk1 range did but seems otherwise!
mk2 ph1 and ph2 bosses will fit but youll probs loose the auto cancel on the indicators as its controlled by the squib on the mk2s!

Clio 1.6 16V
valvers dont have locator splines nor do williams! i didnt think any of the mk1 range did but seems otherwise!
mk2 ph1 and ph2 bosses will fit but youll probs loose the auto cancel on the indicators as its controlled by the squib on the mk2s!

Sorry for the bump, but currently with the same problem.

Theres a cheap OMP hub for sale with the reference OD/1960RE113 will this fit my clio mk2 phase 1 ?