ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with this desicsion please!!!

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Very grateful for any constuctive opinions here please guys: I carnt decide what to do here, im thinking of selling my 182 but it will probably be at least feb or march by the time i get around to it.

The question is shall i get the cambelt done when i get it serviced later this month? By the time i come to sell it it will need the cambelt doing in around 6 months (and it will be on around 54k i imagine)

It will cost me an extra £300 to get the belt done, i'm thinking it will sell alot easier then (plus safer in the meantime)

I know i wont get all £300 back when i sell it but i will give the buyer less to haggle over im thinking.

Cheers in advance, Gaz

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
ok cheers i'll bear that in mind, not sure if i'll be part ex or private though, most probably private sale

I just px my 182 with 54500 miles...cambelt needs done very soon. I didn't bother getting it changed.

172 Cup
i'd def get it done if selling private, as you'll have piece of mind for the next few months, and the buyer hasnt got it as haggling ammo, but if you part ex dont bother its the garages problem. haha

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
I just px my 182 with 54500 miles...cambelt needs done very soon. I didn't bother getting it changed.

How much did you get if you dont mind me asking as it would be similar to mine im guessing

PM me if you preffer mate

Iceberg 172
For a private sale, without it you'll a) get less interest in the first place (remember the market's dead anyway) and b) you'll get knocked down on it anyway.

Get it done.

Clio 182
Would be best getting the belts done if sold privately, reason being they will probably ask to reduce the price to include getting it done if they buy it.....

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
cheers for your help guys, i think i've decided to get in done but in the new year as the car wont be used much up untill sale. I'll get the 48k done in the next week or 2 then the belt done a bit later