ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with website

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Me again (sorry!) :eek:

Basically I have a few issues with the site i have created...

Number 1:

If you were to click on this: http://lukebroad.com/www.lukebroad.com/Photography/Pages/Trax_2009.html#21 for example, you will be greeted by a picture that says honda...

Now, say i wanted to link that picture to this forum. Where as there is usually a source code/option to copy the image location there isn't on my website, I have no idea why. The main reason i wanted it was to host my own images, and i cant even link them into here!

Number 2:

My folders are all f**ked up massively on the FTP server so when you go on lukebroad.com you get lukebroad.com/www.lukebroad.com ... I dont know how to sort this! Iv got an FTP client and i cant figure out how to rearrange/move folders on it.

Finally, Im using a macbook (to make things that little more harder on my behalf:dead:)

Any help will be rewarded with a pleasant thank you and maybe a beer if i ever meet you :)

Thanks, Luke!

1) It's the gallery software you use. It embeds them in it, so not so easy to get out to post about.

2) It does depend on who your hosting is with, but there will be a folder called maybe "www" thats what it was on mine. Stick everything in there.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Problem = Stop using crappy software. Even the html code is screwed up with lots of unnecessary stuff.

The images are embedded hence no reference url.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Sorry i have no ide what im doing :eek: seriously.

Should i obtain a copy of dreamweaver and start over?

Kermit will probably tell you to do it with notepad. lol..

Have a look for another gallery option. So that you can get the links for images on here..

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
This is so confusing. Iweb is brilliant... Untill you have to upload the f**king thing then it all goes to s**t.

Im going to have to pay some one to knock me something basic up. I only wanted it to put my f-ing photos on.

172 cup
Get someone off here to do you one and give them sexual favours in return - thats what I iz doing

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
lukebroad.com

Completely started again and got some help from a good mate off here :) Starting to come together now.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Nothing wrong with notepad lol.

Looking well on it's way now Luke, bit of a change since I saw it this morning. :) Photography link isn't working, don't know if you know?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
yeh mate, currently working on a gallery for that... Il update my FB when its done and you can give me some feed back if you dont mind :D

Fiat Panda 100hp
This is so confusing. Iweb is brilliant... Untill you have to upload the f**king thing then it all goes to s**t.

Im going to have to pay some one to knock me something basic up. I only wanted it to put my f-ing photos on.

iWeb is easy peezy to upload and it looks great when live too. Simply upload it to your site root and rename the home page index.htm and bobs your uncle and *****'s your aunt.

Fiat Panda 100hp
If you completely clear your FTP then in the route create a folder called public_HTML then upload the iWeb files and folders into this folder I'm pretty sure it sill work. Your FTP is probably a bit of a mess at the moment from all your trial and error. Cargo FTW though!