ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help WTF is this noise?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
but i remember you said you were having problems with the PAS pump, if the pump is either just fucked, or the custom lines arn't feeding the PAS pump enough or just not feeding "at all" then the pump will be a fucker to turn.

so the engine starts, turns the crank, spins the belts but the PAS pump wont budge so the belt slips round the pully. this burns the belt then the pump starts to move, frees up and starts to spin and then belt can move and the squeeling stops

yada yada yada

Audi TT 225
Think I know what it is now, aux needs tightning, lot of play in the belt I can waggle it up and down and I can twist it almost 90 degrees sideways.
Also explains the heavy steering and funky pump noise.
Ah well at least its only a belt and nothing more serious!

Wont drive it now either ;)

Lee

BMW M2C
Sounds like aux belt slipping to me.

That's what mine sounded like when the tensioner failed recently. New belt and tensioner fitted under warranty.

The power steering also cut in and out when the aux belt slipped.

Audi TT 225
Does this look wrong?

th_8686307d.gif

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
instead of reving the engine quickly, rev it slowly up to higher revs if the noise does not occur its your aux belt 100 %

Audi TT 225
After a while on the phone we found the problem!
The alternator’s dropped because one of the bolts has sheared off causing the belt to become loose. Bloomin Renault parts are made of cheese!

Im gonna get a priest to perform an exorcism on my car and expel the demon because i swear its possesed!!!

DSC00146.gif

Audi TT 225
Looks like good old renault part failure because it was brand spanking new so they'll send the bust parts back to renault.

Bumblebee
Looks like good old renault part failure because it was brand spanking new so they'll send the bust parts back to renault.

hmmm, sounds like whoever did the work overtightened the nut - but glad you are getting it sorted before anything terminal went wrong!

Mint car too.

Audi TT 225
Ha! found a pic I took on the day I got the car back and the bolt is there, its bloomin big too!

P1010009.gif

Audi TT 225
Nope no luck at all :(

Gotta get it sorted down here now, parts are on the way so cant drive it until then then it will go back for a check up.

Lots of Alfas
The same thing happened on my dads Renault traffic the bolt holding the alternator sheered off while at speed and the aux belt flew off taking the cambelt and the top half of the engine with it, happened 1k before the 72k service!!