ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!!!

E60 diesel powah
Went for a drive this afternoon..car has been fine previously pulled up to a set of traffic lights and car starts to cut out..mis-firing? pulled over quickly checked oil..was a lil low so ran over to halfords and put some oil in..didnt put much in only a quarter..anyway..problem still occuring still mis-firing..

luckly wher i was ther was a renault dealer around the corner (altrinham) and they checked the car out and said the computer is fucked? Hav i tried chipping it or re-mappin? i answered no so they have kept car in and sent the part off for further investigation..was wondering if this is a common fault? ive got a 1.2 16v dynamic :)

Thanks

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
my bros 1.4 16v had this prob, it turned out to be a coil had gone, the guy who fixed it said it was quite a common prob with 1.2 and 1.4 clio's!

Vectra :(
Its a common fault on the 1.4s as my sisters got one and its been happening to her. Her boyfriend works at the bodyshop for renault and says its a common fault according to renault. Not sure what it is as not spoken to him. only to my sister and all she knows is that its costing her fook all but it is supposed to br £120 odd quid to fix. Will ask her next time i see her to ask her fella what it is for you.

Sorry cant help more

peugeot 106 gti
try the coil pack or the HT leads thats wat happend with mine and got an new 1 an its as smooth as a c**t lol good luck mate!!

like said could be coils their useless could be spark plugs if it's just cutting out.
what years your car i thought all the mk2ph2 1.2 16v had the motorised throttle so no idle control valve but yours was changed?