ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!!

clio williams, Ph1 172

Alright people, Just wonderin if anyone has any good Design ideas.

Im on my final year at uni and i need to do a final year design project.

Id like to do something for My 16V maybe, just wondered if anyone had any good ideas of what I could do. I will possibly be makin it too.

I have to do drawing s and 3D modelling etc.

Please help me out if you can, Im stuck for ideas, it doesnt have to be somethin for my clio but i think i would find that interestin.

Im hopin for a good response. If anyones got anything they have perhams started doin or have already done that would be really helpful. I wont like nick the idea and make loads of money out of it or anythin.

ok, the space behind the front bumper - on a 172....

I have been meaning to seriously explore that area in the eternal quest for intercooler space, extra rad space, oil cooler space etc etc..

yes its sad lol.. but very artistic... ( I could model the IC from the details )

:D

Here is a challange. How about designing an intergrated steering wheel. A sporty little number but with the music controls built to the handle, these may be pressure sensitive or something else but of course it needs to be safe. Does not have to be music, it may be door locks or anything which will make driving safer.

Keith O

Full interior ICE setup would be good. Not just loud but quality sound, look good, alcantara trim, lightweight sub enclosure - not just MDF. Get all the bits cheap through college! Steering wheel controls, DVD player with screens in headrests? neons, mixing desks mobile nightclub!!

How about a mounting fixture for stereos to stop cd players jumping? (thats not a dig but a serious point!)

You could have little suspension mountings in the dash board and stuff!!

clio williams, Ph1 172

Ima student mate!! Not got that sort of money. The CD thing could work. have to look into that

Williams 2, STi N12

The simplest would be a Viper type breather kit to replace the standard airbox, this can also include intakes moulded into the front bumper, vacuum vents in the bonnet etc...

Can be some cool CFD associated with this also, depending on CAD package you would use. Measurements can be endless but most common would be temp, humidity, pressure etc.. All the above can be pumped into a spreadsheet to control the parametric model of the kit. Then we could all buy one afterwards!!

Or do similar with a exhaust system?? You might get free RR sessions to test your bits aswell?

Your from around here so if you need some help modelling or need to see your design stereoscopically then give me a shout. Good luck.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Anders where you from? Im not like fantastic with CAD but we have Pro engineer 2001 at uni and its a pretty good program. Any help would be much appreciated. I think carbon fibre may be possible too.

That sounds like a good idea to me. Best so far. Do u know im from sheffield? Where you from?

Williams 2, STi N12

Arrghh crap. Down nr Brighton myself. Shouldnt be a problem though as Pro Eng is pretty good at IGES files. Got lots down here including Catia, Solidworks, Maya and 3DS Max.

Pro Eng has a add-on called DVise which turns your 3D model into stereo so you can put on some glasses and review in TRUE 3D, your tutor may know of it, if not we could arrange a demo of our product where you and your tutor can come and see what we do.

If you need any help just give me a shout, or PM me.

clio williams, Ph1 172

I think you were confused. i was livin in salisbury but im from sheffield, moved back for uni. If you get any ideas any help would be most welcome. Im not that confident on pro e so if you could maybe help me with that it would be great

Williams 2, STi N12

No worries mate, always happy to help. If you do base your project on the 16V then I can always model the same on my car as they will be the same. Was planning on doing the induction thing myself as well as a quickshift. But I dont have that much time with work n all.

Werent you the one that was gonna come down to Bournemouth to watch me in the rally?? Cant quite remember.

clio williams, Ph1 172

No I dont think so, But I think weve chatted on here before

I know the williams is the same, so if i do design one ill show youve what ive done. i think i can get hold of carbon fibre so i should be able to make some sort of mould. Any technical stuff will be helpful though

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I saw something on the TV when they were showing the Rallying last week. They were talking to one one of the Peugeot drivers and in the back ground they had the bonnet popped on the 206 Rally Car. They seemed to have a very effective looking cold air feed for the air filter. They had a moulding (looked like it started from a scoop in the bonnet) that culminated in a large tube, about 6 to 8 inches wide that sat over the filter. In theory this should surround the filter in cold air from the outside.

Dont know what, if anything, you could do with this, perhaps have a feed from the front of the car and then devise a way to cool the air and make it denser, perhaps a water spray like turbos have. Definately this large pipe sitting over the filter looked like a good idea tho. Hope this gives you some ideas.

Obviously if you were trying to complete a final year project for your uni course then it would have to be something special and a bit out of the ordinary.

Rick