ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!!!!!

M140i
I have to take some pictures at the weekend for my brothers wedding, I'm not brilliant with the technical side of photography and was wondering what sort of basic settings to use for some decent shots. I imagine some indoor shots with lowish lighting and probably overcast outdoor shots.

I have an EOS350D with 300mm and 18-55mm lenses that came with the camera. Could someone point me in the right direction for ISO settings etc.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Ady :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
if it was nikon i could of given you a image curve for weddings... but i dont know if you can use them on canons... your gonna be using your 18-55 at the top end... u really need flashes and a 80mm prime would be a good start...

2014 Focus Titanium
I hope you're not the main photographer!

You will want ISO 800 at least inside the church, with low shutter speeds to expose them well, thats even with a decent flash. A tripod is a must aswell! Try to keep as zoomed out as possible to eliminate camera shake if you can!

Read read read!!!

http://www.photography-on-the.net/forum

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
800 iso is a bit much imho i wouldnt go higher than a 400

VaVa
Fine on a Canon :rasp: With the kit he's got i don't see that he has much of an option other than upping the ISO!!

I've used the nifty fifty in a church to reasonable effect. Was a facking dark church too lol. I found getting anything decent out of the kit lens very difficult tbh.

Attachments

• IMG_1190small.jpg
    IMG_1190small.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
800 iso is a bit much imho i wouldnt go higher than a 400

With an f/3.5-f/5.6 lens? in gloomy england?

As said, hope your not the main shooter. Best thing you can do is either get some fast primes or slap a 430EX on the top, shoot in M and bounce the flash...

Ideally learn to read the meter and understand what shutter speeds you need to achieve to get clear images.

M140i
Not the main shooter lol, but knowing how expensive lots of pics would be from a proffessional he asked if I could do some as well as getting some done properly. Thanks for your help so far guys, much appreciated :)

oh i agree photographers for weddings charge a fortune ours is costing 1600 including the album then another 400 for two parents books !