ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help!

rebuilding a 172 engine just wondered if anybody new the sump bolt torque?? not the sump bung the ring of female torque bolts. done a quick search but cant find anything.

please no replys saying FT or T !

thanks dude! yea somebody will know, maybe they just dont wana tell me! if i started with 'whats better turinis or 2118's?' i wuda got loadsa replys!

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
did m9r 2.0dci the other day and thats was 12nm, but to be honest just nip them up with a 1/4" drive ratchet. e8 socket yeah?

LY 182
normally something like that if i couldnt get hold of torque setting id just go somewhere between 10 and 15 nm and you should be ok

yea thanx guys ive done them 10nm for now... just rather be safe than sorry.. theyre always leaking.. and there a nightmare to do wen the engines in.

thanks

Megane 225
yea thanx guys ive done them 10nm for now... just rather be safe than sorry.. theyre always leaking.. and there a nightmare to do wen the engines in.

thanks

Do not over tighten them or they will leak. Just use a small rachet and do them hand tight plus a quarter turn! Make sure you use a new sump gasket as well!