ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help !!

Advice needed as I am a virgin 172 owner. Alloys....wanted to go for 17s but will this compromise in the handling & ride stakes? Noticed a lot of you got 16s still? By the way squirt is a MK2....Cheers x

opinion is divided....personally i thought that the tyres fitted to my 172 were the worst i ever had and was in danger of binning the car in the wet.

I changed to 17s with good tyres and i think the car feels better..some people i know will disagree

I suppose its personal opinion

Ta
J

Im not really sure how the 17s would affect the ride and handling of the car. But I have read somewhere that you will notice a loss in performance.

Chun.

Yeah, basically the extra weight of the wheel is harder to turn so you lose a little power, the overall weight gain is lessened by the removal of the 16" spare.

You can also get OZ Leggeras which are much lighter than normal alloy

Ta
J