ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help

Clio 182
Hey people, got myself a machine polisher but have no idea where to start as I've never done it before. been told if done wrong, it can ruin the paint. Is there any tips anyone can give me before i have a go myself? thanks

p.s. does anyone know any machine that dries a car after being washed? like a blowing machine??

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
Hey people, got myself a machine polisher but have no idea where to start as I've never done it before. been told if done wrong, it can ruin the paint. Is there any tips anyone can give me before i have a go myself? thanks

p.s. does anyone know any machine that dries a car after being washed? like a blowing machine??

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=63859

^^ machine polishing by dual action.

www.carwashnwax.com

Then go to accessories, and then go to page 2 it's at the bottom called...

'jet speed air dryer'

Clio 182
thank you very much! has anyone got one of these jet speed air dryers? if so, are they any good? thanks

Ive always been fine with a good drying towel. Just make sure you dry all the nooks and crannys like under the wing mirror etc.

A air dryer would cost a lot im guessing :)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Why dont you get yourself a gash panel from the scrappie before you do your car? Thats how I did it :D

There are quite a few guides on Detailing World. But I have to say, the best help that I had was a guide that I found on the internet/youtube that basically had a video of the action required for a PC.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
^ true. I have a dvd 'how to get show car results via pc' gave me all the help i needed.

watched it once, wana buy it, lol! ;)

Yeah I saw a few of those going around on Ebay when I first started.

Bet I can't find my video now, but search on Youtube and Google Videos and should come up with some decent advice.

Make sure that the ones that you watch are designed to be followed by users of PC/Random Orbital Polishers, as Rotarys have a completely different technique.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
dont whizz over the panel though! you need to use small movements,dont rush it as it does naff all!

Clio 182
thank you all for your help, im gonna look for some guides and videos before i attack my black gold with it lol