ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help!!

ive just been driving my clio 16v and i noticed the oil pressure is at 0 when im idling and only moves up slightly when moving. ive also got water problems,needing topping up regularaly. i know this is not normal, but dont really know wot it is. could it be the head gasket? does anyone know wot sort of prices it gonna be, cause i dont wanna get ripped off,as i aint got much money.

sounds like the headgasket mate ! and i dont think there cheap to replace,unless u have any mates that can do it for you ?

at a guess mate if it is the head gasket i THINK it will be about £300.00 ish! Someone will be able to tell you more soon!

Could well be your headgasket, if youre losing water.

is there a creamy mayonnaise residue in the filler cap?

Also - have you checked your oil levels? As low oil levels will affect oil pressure.

yeah, ive got mayonnaise in the filler cap. my oil level is abit low to, gonna put some oil in it in a mo. Ive just started a car mechanics course at college, the teachers could probably do it, but its abit soon to ask as ive only met them once.

Probably your headgasket with the water problem - also toppping up with water doesnt really help as it evaporates off as steam anyway! The oil pressure problem could be as simple as a sensor or something like the oil pump on its way out.