ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help..

clio 182, 1995 mini
I've got a rotary polisher, sliverline model and some pads.
But my head is shot with choice on whats what with compounds and stuff.
Can anyone recommend some polish/compound for a total novice please.
I know its probably been covered before.
But I cant get my head round it, I think ive took to much on board and now dont have a clue.
I normally use poorboys black hole and dodo juice for hand polishing waxing, as well as auto glym.
I was looking at dodo juice lime prime, any good?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Rich.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
For simply use, I'd suggest 3M for pads and compounds. only 3 options of cutting, polishing and finishing, all colour coded compounds and pads. Elite car care sell smaller sample bottles of them. another option would be Scholl concepts, I've had pretty good results with them, followed by Menzerna polishes with chemical guys hexlogic pads, but the options and variations are endless so could be a bit of confusion.

Black hole is a mild cleanser with filling capabilities and very minor cut, so won't correct much but will hide marks. Ideal for a quick tidy up by hand or rotary.

Lime prime is similar but with a bit more cut, and oils to fill. Lime prime lite has less cut and more cleansing and filling. Gally loved lime prime on a 3m pad via rotary IIRC