ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!!!!!

Hi!

Im a friend of Jimbos!

Im borrowing his clio while hes away....

Got a prob... when i turn it on is flashs up oil then goes out and the service light stays on..... fair enuff, may need a top up as the actual oil symbol(can thing) doesnt come up....

Sometimes it says oil ok

But his bonnet wont open....

So as youll all familiar with this car...

as its just saying oil how major is this.... does it desperatly need oil??

and 2.... How can I open the bonnet, is there a way of jacking it up and opening it from underneath with a hook or sumthing???

Thanks

The golfs mine...

Ill see if i can upload any...

Any ideas on the clio thouhg??

I gotta do some long driving and i dont wnan seize the engine..lol

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

I had a Mk3 u cheecky git! A little work such as a bad boy bonnet & Kahn alloys on a GTi spec Mk3 & they can look very smart IMO.

Jimbos looks like a Mk3 for this angle BenR. ;)

Thats why i asked!!!

MK1 MK1 MK1!!!!!

lol

are you sure you cant open it because hes had the bonnet extended?

Nah, I can reach teh catch, but its the bonnet pull. Doesnt seem to be working, its like its too slack, So Im gonna jack the car up and see if I can hook the wire or something!

best getting under the car and working your arm up to the catch and pulling as hard as possible on the wire, worst case senario is the wire has snapped (doubt it) then you just have to feck about until you can unhinge the lock. I managed to get inside my mates a while back but it was a stretch and a bloody tight squeeze

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 13 April 2003

Thats why i asked!!!

MK1 MK1 MK1!!!!!

lol

are you sure you cant open it because hes had the bonnet extended?

Mk1s r awesome but i really like the 3-door VR6 personally in dark blue. Hummm. :cool:

Want a V-TEC (havent decided which) or a 300zx twin-turbo next but they r a car ive always wanted to own.