ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Here's a link to a short video I uploaded on YouTube and please guys tell me why my ESP is faulty

Clio RS 197
Does the ESP fault go away everytime the car starts but comes back again when going over 30mph?
It's almost like that. When I start the car there's no fault but as soon as I start driving it comes up and the ESP disengages.

Clio 197
It's almost like that. When I start the car there's no fault but as soon as I start driving it comes up and the ESP disengages.
It's definitely worth looking at the rear stub axle then mate as this is a common issue on the 197s, where part of it begins to rust and make contact with the reluctor ring and in some cases take it out entirely.

If there's minimal rust, you can get away with cutting it out however if it's too far gone, you may need a replacement stub axle.

Clio RS 197
A solid contender for “best thread title” 2020
[/QUOT
It's definitely worth looking at the rear stub axle then mate as this is a common issue on the 197s, where part of it begins to rust and make contact with the reluctor ring and in some cases take it out entirely.

If there's minimal rust, you can get away with cutting it out however if it's too far gone, you may need a replacement stub axle.
But is it safe to drive for a couple of months before I look.into it? I take it out once in two weeks just for a short drive to keep the engine and battery healthy

Clio 197
But is it safe to drive for a couple of months before I look.into it? I take it out once in two weeks just for a short drive to keep the engine and battery healthy
I can't really answer that to be fair, I mean your ABS will be triggering near enough every time you brake. But it terms of driving it once a week I don't see why not as long as you take extra caution of your surroundings. If you can get the car scanned with the Clip diagnostic software, that will tell you for sure what the issue is.

Clio RS 197
I can't really answer that to be fair, I mean your ABS will be triggering near enough every time you brake. But it terms of driving it once a week I don't see why not as long as you take extra caution of your surroundings. If you can get the car scanned with the Clip diagnostic software, that will tell you for sure what the issue is.
Does the stub axle also affect the alignment? I'll take it to Renault soon to get checked.