ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Here's a stupid idea.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Why don't we do a calendar?

Each winning photo from each months photography competition gets to feature in the following years calendar, the month of which they won. Not sure what you would do with the December one and printing in time for Jan 2013 but we could do it for charity? Any profits that is? Extra incentive to get more people to enter hopefully.

Just an idea.

Last edited:
It's been mentioned before.

Couple of problems. Cost being one.

Quality of photos is the main problem. No offence to some winners, but there's no way I'd want it on my wall.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
It's been mentioned before.

Couple of problems. Cost being one.

Quality of photos is the main problem. No offence to some winners, but there's no way I'd want it on my wall.

Lol even if its a mini A5 calendar. At that size it should be ok for any winning picture. And cheaper to produce?

I have no idea of cost involved though so this may be the stumbling block.

Realistically, you'll not sell more than 15 I wouldn't have thought. Which is where it costs more money are you're not ordering enough to get the price down.

It depends on a load of factors really.

If a select few won every month, then yeah. It would be a good idea.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i am not sure the idea is that great, as we are all pretty much amateur photographers in here, then we will be taking our own pics throughout the year and so are more likely to want our own pics on the wall on a calendar, i do a yearly calendar with photo box with my own pics, i wouldn't want other peoples though, i might as well buy a professional one otherwise.

So your audience is then the rest of the forum, and if they aren't already into the photography section, are they even going to bother?

i just don't think its worth it, although you can indeed do the thing revels said with photo box, i did a photobook of a holiday and people bought it off the site if they wanted it. because they are personalised, they aren't cheap though.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Sounds like a good idea, I won one of these on Talkphotography last year for the cover shot. Really nice feeling knowing people have your photo in their homes if you manage to make it into the calender!