ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hero..

Just like swapping wheels and putting coilovers on is.

Yup, I mean any idiot could take on swapping an E46 M3 lump, wiring and cluster into an E36 while retaining the EWS System.

This looks like a walk in the part to do in your spare time.

waias.jpg

wirnghell.jpg

bluetape.jpg

wiringontable1.jpg

_DSC8128%20copy.jpg

Amusing thing is the belittling being done by people who've never, and probably will never take on the projects he has. Let alone at the age of 17-21, 2 cars, while being at college and holding down a job.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'll be impressed when he builds a car from scratch.

Not just lower them and add wheels and then get his professional mates to slap engines in them!

172, Tiguan
I think it's a cool car, it's relatively unique and it's had a lot of hard work put into it.

I'm not quite sure where this one man crusade on modifying has come from though. You are on a Renault Clio forum where 90% of the owners are 17 - 25 and have brought their cars on the never never or their credit cards. I'd suggest you go elsewhere if you want 'something different'.

I think we all enjoy looking at and reading the great threads you post Si with the pics and vids in them, but expecting something similar from CS in return is (perhaps sadly) never going to happen.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
I think it's a cool car, it's relatively unique and it's had a lot of hard work put into it.

I'm not quite sure where this one man crusade on modifying has come from though. You are on a Renault Clio forum where 90% of the owners are 17 - 25 and have brought their cars on the never never or their credit cards. I'd suggest you go elsewhere if you want 'something different'.

I think we all enjoy looking at and reading the great threads you post Si with the pics and vids in them, but expecting something similar from CS in return is (perhaps sadly) never going to happen.

i think you hit the nail on the head there jon, its not a 1 man crusade though, or it wasn't... i tried once then gave up...
I am not sure if Si wants similar from CS really, i interpret from Si's posts that its more about undertsanding (hopefully he will be about to comment). it seems that people on cs don't really (and i hate the term) "get-it" when it comes to most types of car enthusiasm / modifying, it seems that cs almost has its own little bubble

I tried with the thread the other day as it's been a while since I've been on here and was genuinely curious if the clio scene was pumping out the same cookie cutter cars that it has for the last 3 years.

What do I get in return? a bunch of smart arse comments and pictures of barry boys cars from the narrow minded, including one of the mods! Presumably in a sad bid to be amusing. Hence why I asked Chris to lock it in the end as it was going nowhere.

I'm not asking or expecting a sudden explosion of different ideas, for starters I know people on here are pretty blinkered to many aspects relating to cars and car culture. It would be nice to post stuff and people actually appreciate what has gone into something even if they don't like or get it. Instead you get bandwagoning, ignorant comments.

For a site supposedly full of car enthusiasts it's a bit sad really. It's akin to self proclaimed music fans who only listen to and/or respect one specific genre. I don't like Jazz music for instance but that doesn't stop me appreciating the skill of some of the musicians that create it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I tried with the thread the other day as it's been a while since I've been on here and was genuinely curious if the clio scene was pumping out the same cookie cutter cars that it has for the last 3 years.

What do I get in return? a bunch of smart arse comments and pictures of barry boys cars from the narrow minded, including one of the mods! Presumably in a sad bid to be amusing. Hence why I asked Chris to lock it in the end as it was going nowhere.

I'm not asking or expecting a sudden explosion of different ideas, for starters I know people on here are pretty blinkered to many aspects relating to cars and car culture. It would be nice to post stuff and people actually appreciate what has gone into something even if they don't like or get it. Instead you get bandwagoning, ignorant comments.

For a site supposedly full of car enthusiasts it's a bit sad really. It's akin to self proclaimed music fans who only listen to and/or respect one specific genre. I don't like Jazz music for instance but that doesn't stop me appreciating the skill of some of the musicians that create it.

I genuinely thought the other thread was pretty decent. Was disappointed it was locked. I know what you were asking for and it went a bit mental, but I think it was clearly a case of crossed wires rather than folk taking the piss.

Or I hope it was.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol! You're 100% right on your interpretation of the forum, especially of late.

However you're fascination with rust is something i can't and won't comprehend.

172, Tiguan
Exactly, 'one persons art is one persons sh!t' as I said to my 'Creative head' earlier this week. lol.

The Clio lends itself to coilovers and multispoke wheels. We've all seen the bodykit abominations on here over the years and I've yet to see anything different on a Clio that has ever made me go, "wow that's cool" like you do on other cars. The problem is, either the Clio lends itself to subtlety to much, or the owners of them have little imagination, or a bit of both.

There are two or three that try different things - including guy's in this thread, but the vast majority will stick to things that are proven to look good imo.

172, Tiguan
And also, us long term members get older, whilst the new intake are always 17/18. We can't expect them to be doing crazy things, as I suspect most of us weren't when we were that age.

Problem with growing older chaps!

lol! You're 100% right on your interpretation of the forum, especially of late.

However you're fascination with rust is something i can't and won't comprehend.

Lol, I think it's more an issue of your hatred than me having a fascination. I post all sorts of cars, from difference scenes be it drift, stance, rat, JDM, exotics.

Turkish what was your user name in the old days? Lol it's bugging me now.

Oh and after less than a few days on here I can see it's the same, scutch posting b****cks, matt wills banned and loads of nonsense.

Exactly, 'one persons art is one persons sh!t' as I said to my 'Creative head' earlier this week. lol.

The Clio lends itself to coilovers and multispoke wheels. We've all seen the bodykit abominations on here over the years and I've yet to see anything different on a Clio that has ever made me go, "wow that's cool" like you do on other cars. The problem is, either the Clio lends itself to subtlety to much, or the owners of them have little imagination, or a bit of both.

There are two or three that try different things - including guy's in this thread, but the vast majority will stick to things that are proven to look good imo.

When I poke about on the net I see all sorts of mods and tbh very few (drift scene still does) bodykits around over and above subtle front spoilers. You see stickerbombing, retrims of all different parts of interior in wildly different styles colours and materials. Massive variation in wheels styles etc. I agree bodykits don't suit clios but you don't see the VW guys using them for the most part and they have massively different looking cars out there.

I think people play it a little too safe on here thats all, while I'm making no arguement the reason the mods that get done are done because they work it's narrow minded when people suggest anything else will look s**t.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

some people have done it very well
william from germany
was's purple mrk 2 and others are getting there...ie Tom 46, but on the whole as said most stick with what works

I mentioned William in the other thread. Classy, understated, very well thought out and executed and didnt have the usual speedline and drop combo. It can be done, people just make excuses and follow the herd.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Lol, I think it's more an issue of your hatred than me having a fascination. I post all sorts of cars, from difference scenes be it drift, stance, rat, JDM, exotics.

I like Jon's comment. You don't have to like what other people like in essence...People are different.

There was a day i used to look at everyone 172 on the road. I don't now, i couldn't care for turini's or clio mods. I get into a car and drive, as long as it goes and goes fast, is clean and looks good it's enough for me. I don't feel the need to be "different" and find scenes to differentiate myself from the clan.

My car is standard, the combo of mortgage and piss poor income has fucked my chance of modding these days. If I had the cash I would run coils again, wheels and the other mods I would do would not be off the peg or like the other cars in here. If you cast your mind back when I did have the coils on and different wheels they weren't speedlines ;)

I like Jon's comment. You don't have to like what other people like in essence...People are different.

There was a day i used to look at everyone 172 on the road. I don't know, i couldn't care for turini's or clio mods. I get into a car and drive, as long as it goes and goes fast, is clean and looks good it's enough for me. I don't feel the need to be "different" and find scenes to differentiate myself from the clan.

I think there are two ways to look at it, people being different for the sake of it to stand out. Or people being the same for the sake of not sticking out. I just think it's a shame that there aren't more people who dare to be different. Perhaps to an extent they have other ideas but bottle it for fear of the turini gang on here ripping the piss.

It's a bit like guys who like a girl they know but wont date her for fear of mates giving them s**t for having a girl who's not at thin or pretty as his mates other halves.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I think there are two ways to look at it, people being different for the sake of it to stand out, and people being the same for the sake of not sticking out and being patted on the back for being the same as everyone else. I just think it's a shame that there aren't more people who dare to be different.

It's a bit like guys who like a girl they know but wont date her for fear of mates giving them s**t for having a girl who's not at thin or pretty as his mates other halves.

Ha. like that.

Hummm...Reworded.

1/ Being different for the sake of it to stand out. (99.9% look s**t)
2/ Follow the Crowd with tried and tested mods/looks. (99.9% look good)

The Renaultsport scene is very diluted now, FCS last yr was a lot of identical cars...copycat, yes, look good yes. Nuff said.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Theres nothing wrong with doing exacly what other do. As Ali said, the clios on here DO look good.

However, I don't like to follow a crowd. So I bought a Bora at 17 when most of my mates are in Clios/Fiestas etc. Of course, I cannot call what I'm doing unique at all! But it's my car and I'm modifying it to my taste. Not for some person behind a computer screen to bum me for.

If you don't like someones car, fair enough. No need to constantly get at them for it though. It's their choice let them get on with it!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Thought it looked clumsy so changed it.

What's your take on williams car Ali, out of interest?

In summary: (Assume we're talking about the 1.2)

Very Smart,
Very Clean
Meticulous preparation
Well thought out
Nice choice of parts, colours and trims.

As a modified vehicle it’s very nice. But it doesn't interest me. I'd rather a std RS 200. Maybe I’m showing my age, as lets face it my first car was hardly subtle, hell i had a ktec grill for a while. But we all move on and out of phases/scenes. Rarely do people move into them.

My driving now, is 14miles in traffic, rarely do i have time to enjoy b roads. So I’d rather bask in comfort and pose like a mofo!

In summary: (Assume we're talking about the 1.2)

Very Smart,
Very Clean
Meticulous preparation
Well thought out
Nice choice of parts, colours and trims.

As a modified vehicle it’s very nice. But it doesn't interest me. I'd rather a std RS 200. Maybe I’m showing my age, as lets face it my first car was hardly subtle, hell i had a ktec grill for a while. But we all move on and out of phases/scenes. Rarely do people move into them.

My driving now, is 14miles in traffic, rarely do i have time to enjoy b roads. So I’d rather bask in comfort and pose like a mofo!

I'm not asking you or anyone here to do anything to your own cars but with the list of comments you made about his car it does prove my point.

You can make a good looking classy modified car that doesn't follow the usual Clio trends. Instead of posting what you've just summed up about his car when asked people just dissmiss it and roll out the barryboys pictures of "different" cars :rolleyes:

Clearly it's asking too much to expect people to pause, think then respond rather than reel off the usual dumbass kneejerk bandwagon comments.

As for the age thing I'm bloody older than you and there are some days sat in my car driving to work that I wonder why the hell I'm not driving an autoboxed diesel, lol.

That cars lovely IMO!

As Turkish said it's different and unfortunately alot of people seem scared of stuff that doesnt 'work'. I'm not a massive fan of the whole 'rust/rat' scene but if thats what people like let them get on with it...sometimes (like in this case) it will work and surprise you!

It may be covered in rust and have pipes hanging out of the front but the passion the lad has put into the car is insane!

ITB'd MK1
I love the engineering part of this car. Never like the artificial rusting thing though. I know too many people that do "rat" the right way, which is preserving naturally aged cars with genuine patina. I now someone that waxoiled the roof on his vw bus to seal the naturally occured rust, and that's cool. genuine old panels, sun faded over years and years.....real history.

If he hadn't rusted this and left the exterior exactly as he bought it, it would be perfect

Did you read the first post? Car was mint, his friend borrowed it and stuffed it into a HGV. Damaging the front end including the big ass dent in the A pillar and the crack in the screen. It was only at that point he decided f**k it I'll rat it. He didn't take the car and attack it when it was in good working order with good paintwork/bodywork.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
not my cup of tea, but i appreciate he has done the rat look, and has done it to a superb level.

i'd much rather it was ''mint'' so to speak. but each to their own. i can appreciate the level of work gone into that.