ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hesitant Valver - Urgent help needed

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

This morning I drove my 93 Clio 16v to work as normal, 40 minute journey, fairly heavy traffic. On a few occasions the car felt as if was going to cut out, like the car was running out of petrol, it was a bit hesitant.:( The engine speed was around 4.5-5k.

What could this be?:confused:

Is it the start of fuel pressure regulator problems or am I looking at something electrical?

Or could it just be bad fuel?

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

James

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

It was doing it throughout the trip.

I have just had a look under the bonnet and the engine sounds as if it is hunting/misfiring, not a lot just slightly.

I am wondering if I have a fouled spark plug or if the dizzy cap is tracking.

James

Doesnt sounds like any of the commen valver engine faults to be honest so hopefully itll be something simple like a knackered lead or what you have said.

Exhaust Gas Pressure sensor, or something similar (Common / Known fault on newer clios), gives symptoms similar to those youre describing, - happened with my old 1.2 Y reg. Just a thought.