ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hesitant when cold any ideas?

R27 - 77/500
just lately car has been a bit hesitant when setting off in a morning, like there is a flatspot now n again, soon goes when its warmed up.

i had this on my rallye when i had it so changed coil pack,although cant remember if this solved it,

plugs were changed not so long ago.

clio 172
I think you will find all clios do this mate.

Its something to do with the ECU.

Mine does it, i wouldnt worry about it too much

K20 eg 217 whp.
mine does this to only when cold and just setting off like you say. doesnt seem to be a problem nut would be nice to know what it is, any ideas???

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
they run a lean as poss on idle and when could to get them through emmission regs

R27 - 77/500
cheers lads, have noticed it before just more recently.

i did have a different air filter on but just put it back to standard. weird bein so quiet now.

80MPG BEEZA
yup i have same here really likes a nice easy drive for a minute of two before it like to rev freely

BMW M3
Yep, characteristic of the old clio sports.

Everything about mine is pants until it gets warm.

Unresponsive
Exhaust a bit tinny
Uncomfortable gear changes
Suspension squeaks
Cold internal plastics seem to rattle more
And im usually frezzing my tats off !!

Once its warmed up, all this goes away and is a smooth rocket lol

RenaultSport clio 182
Mine too. Completely standard, just had a service, and still doin it! 5 mins gentle drivin in the mornin and its fine tho.. Just somthin you have to live with..

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Cold start sensor fitted in the thermostat housing

When the car is cold in the morning it detects the water temp so therefore increases the amount of fuel / air going to the engine. If the sensor is faulty it can be like trying to start a car with a manually operated choke without pulling the choke out but not as severe - the car will sometimes stall and misfire / pop until warm. The cold start sensor detects water temperature this increasing fuel / air mix when cold and then decreasing when the engine has warmed up. I would personally change the TDC sensor as well as these are always going wrong.

There is another problem with the F4R engine which does involve re-programming the ECU. If you contact your local Renault workshop and ask them to have a look at the car under a tech note 3585A. This can only be done on the clip or Optima 5800 and takes 0.3 hrs to do.

Last edited: