ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hesitation at 2k rpm..

03 172 Clio
Hi people, I'm new to this I need help fast, I hav a 172 and in every gear at about 2000 rpm I'd put the foot down and it would sputter a bit then pick up, I've just changed the oil and filter and put titanium plugs in, and is all still the same. Did any have this before..

tadas

ClioSport Club Member
  RS Clio 172 Ph1
I have something similar it sort of dies down, and after that it jumps back to life. Not too sure what could cause this, I have changed quite a few parts.

Arctic 182, GTD
Had this issue, changed leads plugs and coil and kinda helped it. Then changed a injector problem solved :)

LY R26
Mine does this also but only when cold, once warm it disappears. Probably what KielT said :cool:

03 172 Clio
Engine management light came on last week, and said It there was a fault with the lambda sensor (the one nearest to the engine) so I deleted the problem and the light hasn't came back on.. Would you say that could be it...

tadas

ClioSport Club Member
  RS Clio 172 Ph1
Thats what it is!!! It also shows the same error. How much is the new lambda?

E90 320d M Sport
Got the same problem with my 172. Pretty sure it's the lambda because it STINKS of petrol on tick over.

tadas

ClioSport Club Member
  RS Clio 172 Ph1
How hard is it to change the front sensor? Just take old one out and plug the new one in?

172 CUP
I get the same but only on start up. I got new lambdas, coil packs and NGK's. Could it be a sticky injector, if so how easy is it to find out which one it could be?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
How hard is it to change the front sensor? Just take old one out and plug the new one in?

Yes. They bolt in one end and are clipped in the other end. Beware that if you have big hands its might be awkward to undo the clipped part as where it is there's not a lot of room and it can be fiddly. I used an adjustable spanner on the bolted end as I didn't have the correct size spanner, but it may be quite tough to undo.

172 CUP
I tried cleaning mine first, but a week later started running rough again so changed it n it went back to running ok. Not sure about sanding it, im sure u would just do more damage than good, but im no expert.