ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hesitation From Start-Up?????

172 Ph2
At work the other day I noticed a couple of traffic wardens hanging around my car so I quickly ran over, hopped in and drove off to the car park. I'd previously driven in 15 miles to work and the car was still a bit warm.

On the way to the car park I noticed that the power delivery was very jumpy! Normally a small prod of the gas pedal would result in a smooth yet responsive pull from the engine but I was having to push the pedal down, wait for a split second and then the power would come in. It was very 'stuttery' and almost as if the the engine, ecu and gas pedal weren't working in harmony!

I parked the car up and when I drove it home that evening it was fine (from cold). I then drove the car for a few weeks and no problem untill a few days ago. This time I had just driven home from work no problem and parked up for 30 mins or so before going to the shops. The same thing happened! Stopped at the shops, got back in and all was well again! I'm very confused?? Maybe I'm not giving the ECU enough time to sort it's self out when I start the car up?? Maybe it's more? Any suggestions?

172 Ph2
It's strange though! My old C2 used to do it from time to time too. The time my 172 does it seems to be when it's 'semi' warm. Doesn't seem to do it when totally cold, I guess that's because the choke is working! I'm guessing that if it's warm enough not to need the choke but not fully warm, this is when there's a problem! It's a bit rubbish though!

A4 Avant & A3
i get that with mine actually.. it never seems to do it first thing in the morning after being sat on the drive all night, but when i leave work to come home after being sat in the carpark from 9 till 5 it seems to do it then??. strange.. only or a couple of mins & then it's fine.

172 Ph2
i get that with mine actually.. it never seems to do it first thing in the morning after being sat on the drive all night, but when i leave work to come home after being sat in the carpark from 9 till 5 it seems to do it then??. strange.. only or a couple of mins & then it's fine.

Let's call it 'normal' then ;)

172 Ph2
It did it again earlier! AHHHHH it's really annoying! I did just get in and drive straight off though! Maybe I should give it a few seconds to settle. What do PPL think causes it? There's got to be something you can do to get rid of/help the problem?? It took a good minute or 2 of driving before it went away!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
My 172 always gained about 5mph after a mile without moving the pedal, was worrying the first few times! They never seem to run great straight away

172 Ph2
I really annoying! Why doesn't it do it all the time and why doesn't it do it on cold starts? (Choke maybe??). I'd not mind paying to get it sorted out if only there was a simple fix! I guess I'll have to live with it. My 182 never did it which is strange!