ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hesitation when accelerating

Ph2 172
My wife's clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v is hesitating on acceleration.

At first, it was every so often but it's been getting worse so much so that the car hardly has full power. It happens even on part throttle, not just full throttle. It hesitates and then picks up the holds back and then picks up again etc...

The garage pulled the leads off the coil and there were clean/large sparks between the coil and the lead when held a few mm away.

They said it sounds like something is breaking down. I think it gets worse with heat as well. There were no codes on the ECU.

So...

I need a cheap fix so I'm going to do it myself! What would you do if you were me?

Plugs?
Leads?
Fuel filter?

Anything else?

Thanks ;)

Nick.

R26
thats interesting. my ph1 8v 1.2 done that too, mechanics couldnt fix it. so i sold it lol.

clio 172
My ph2 172 is doing pretty much the same thing, feels abit like a missfire?? do u think this may be my problem also?