ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Renault sport
Hi All,

Just purchased myself a 2003 Renault Sport Clio 172 phase 2. Absolutely love it, pleasure to drive, but bought her with some issues needed fixing, engine was misfiring in low rev ranges, drive shaft knocking. Cost me AUD 2k but been in the shop since Tues we also need the cambelt, coil pack, suspension, washer bottle motors and 2 driveshafts. The drive shafts they don't even have here I have to get em shipped in from the UK! Anyway I'm dedicated to putting this car back together, all in its going to cost another AUD3k I reckon! Can't wait to have it back to optimal condition, was such a joy to drive over the weekend and it was probably only operating at about 70%!

Really sorry that all these photos are sideways I can't figure out how to make them not be like that haha, lovely colour I reckon :)

cid:23B14E0A373B8A4B885848338BA8F685@sct-15-1-789-14-msonline-outlook-c5957.templateTenant

cid:1E2176177A99264A9B899261F5FDD4E0@sct-15-1-789-14-msonline-outlook-c5957.templateTenant

cid:067B87309AC2904ABB5F37FA1D2952B6@sct-15-1-789-14-msonline-outlook-c5957.templateTenant

cid:319890CE87574B4E9A6CCABFAD8ADF03@sct-15-1-789-14-msonline-outlook-c5957.templateTenant

Clio Renault sport
Used to have a 2003 Clio Billabong back in my teens, absolutely loved it, nippy as hell. Then one time in my 20's I went away for a couple months and leant it to my parents, and they drove it down to Spain and never returned it! So yeah, always wanted another but always said it had to be an RS the next time.

Looking to just revive it back to full health, for fun general driving but also fun purposes. Just moved over here from the UK so wanna take it round the National Parks round here etc. think it'll be awesome! Such good roads, dirt tracks etc.

The wheels not look right? It's a 172, they're the same as the wheels here right? http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cant...nault-clio-sport-16-factory-alloys/1130515524

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Welcome and nice to see a clio in the Aussie sun!
Wheels aren't a problem as such just looks bit odd on 15" instead of the sport 16" wheels!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Is that a problem or just something weird to do?

Not at all mate, it'll handle better on smaller wheels and tyres are no doubt cheaper tyres, that said, if you're going to change for 15's, the Oz F1's are the go to wheel. Although i'd imagine parts are few and far between in Aus?

Clio Renault sport
Not at all mate, it'll handle better on smaller wheels and tyres are no doubt cheaper tyres, that said, if you're going to change for 15's, the Oz F1's are the go to wheel. Although i'd imagine parts are few and far between in Aus?

Yeah these are so rare in Oz it's a nightmare finding parts, got to ship some of them over from the UK!