ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hey guys.. Never been a Renault owner before!!

clio 1.2 16 valve
Hey guys.

Its my first time that ive purchased a Renault. I own a black 1.2 16 valve 3 door 2002 clio :)

I used to own alot faster cars such as VXR turbos, GTIs etc however after owning an RX8 as my last car, i had nothing but issues with it so decided to go for a car that was small, good on fuel and generally drove well.

My gfs bro has a renault clio sport and her other mates have the odd 1.4 / 1.2 clio amoungst them and they all seem pretty happy so thats what made me decide to get one.

Although i have finally come to terms with the fact that it wont be nearly as quick as my other cars i have heard 1.2 clios with air filters on that do sound nice. I dont want the typical boy racer loud exhaust but wouldnt mind an air filter.

Now ive looked on youtube and the ones i like are K&N however they dont say if there an induction kit or just the air filter. Has anyone planted just the air filter on a 1.2 clio before that made it sound meaty?

oh and just to clarify i know it wont increase BHP or power i literally just want it for sound purposes lol - sad i know! This car only has to last me 10 months before i go away travelling so not looking to spend alot. Originally i was going to sell before i go, however now its kinda growing on me more and more so may keep it for when i come back . :approve: