ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hey!!! im new guy lol

160bhp saxo- clio182
hey everybody,
im phil, i live in st.ives cambs.
i have just purchased a black 182 and this seems like the place to be...
atm i own a saxo vts running cams/ecu 160bhp bla bla bla spent so much money on it, i have decided to get a stronger more reliable car, so hence i have gone for the 182.
i dont want to go through all the niggly bits with this car, i just want to get it nice the first time round as i was always changing things with the saxo and its just got to the point where i dont like to drive it no more.

anyway im looking at getting the basics right away for the car but not sure if there are better things for the money?

induction kit- pipercross viper with feed to the front grill? £175

exhaust- scorpion £300ish

i might go cams again but not sure i got say 500-600 to spend straight away but i dont know whats bad and whats not.

i am a fully trained mechanic and do most work myself from anything from services to engine transplants at half the cost of local garages aswell if anybody lives near me and needs a hand.

R26
Hi, I'm from sawtry but I spend alot of time in Huntingdon. May see you about :D I had a black 182, absolutely loved it.

160bhp saxo- clio182
awesome dean. i know a couple of people from sawtry :)
yer i havent picked up the car yet but i have put a deposit down.
04 plate
56k miles
black
anthasite wheels
then everything is pretty much standard
the right thumb grip is knackered and i am just trying to work out how to fix it, seen a few ideas using carbon fibre cover etc etc but i got so much running through my mind atm and i havent even picked the car up yet lol

R26
Nah never heard of him mate, who do you know from sawtry?The bier kit is a waste of money mate if anything you will lose bhp, you will start to learn what's good and what's not but generally, the v6 airbox or phase1 air boxes are better (have a search) Cams are quite good but will set you back 1kish plus mapping, throttle bodies are good too... But getting power out of the 182s isn't easy mate, best of improving the already brilliant handling :)

Hello Bruc1e.

Welcome to the club :)

I used to live in Huntingdon. There are some awesome roads up that way I wish I could drive the Cup down.

Regarding the mods you have planned, most people will tell you not to bother with an induction kit. Either a v6 air box or standard set up with an upgraded panel filter is the route most people have gone down.

Enjoy the 182

160bhp saxo- clio182
emma lol yes there are some good roads espically coming from st.ives going into abbots ripton awesome ( yes i have span out there and landed in a fied lol)
dean- a guy called dan he did have a green saxo, adam goodwin, plus the cleaning lady at my work has a red corsa vxr!
hmmm so panel filter will have alook into it further and post up something when i see it as the saxo owes my like 8k maybe more and i really dont want to be chucking that amount away again..
anyway emma i stayed at a friends place in glastonbury not so long back... the raods down there are pretty good.

emma lol yes there are some good roads espically coming from st.ives going into abbots ripton awesome ( yes i have span out there and landed in a fied lol)
dean- a guy called dan he did have a green saxo, adam goodwin, plus the cleaning lady at my work has a red corsa vxr!
hmmm so panel filter will have alook into it further and post up something when i see it as the saxo owes my like 8k maybe more and i really dont want to be chucking that amount away again..
anyway emma i stayed at a friends place in glastonbury not so long back... the raods down there are pretty good.

Yeh the roads down here are pretty good, I'd just love to take the car down the back roads from Huntingdon, through Bluntisham and Earith through to Cambridge. That is a pretty good road.