ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hey people! Newbie.. Some advice would be great!

CLIO 1.2 8V
Hey..

Im looking at purchasing a clio sport..

My Budget is £7000

I prefer the 182 to the 172 but I'm a sucker for extras..

Can anyone tell me what I can realistically expect to get with my money..

Could I get a 182 cup with low miles and a few toys?..

Any input would be appriciated..

ps.. I've got a friend with a cooper s and one with a type r.. whats the performance of a 172/182 compared to these cars?

:rasp:

CLIO 1.2 8V
I've just noticed that the trophys are selling for around £9000ish

Are they worth the extra money and will they hold their value better?

What do you get extra for the cash?

Cup'd Monaco 172
My understanding the 182 comes with cup add-ons, not a stripped cup model.

The 182 would fall between the copper s and type r, but pretty close to the type r I would have thought.

I've just noticed that the trophys are selling for around £9000ish

Are they worth the extra money and will they hold their value better?

What do you get extra for the cash?
Best have a read here
Clio 172/182 differences/changes/facts on changes in production
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=162405

Perosnaly the trophy will hold it price better so long as milage is kept down.

Best drive one to see if you think its worth it each to there onw I don't think so I think its worse than a normal car for what I want.

My understanding the 182 comes with cup add-ons, not a stripped cup model.
The normal 182 came with the option of CUp suspension and spolier packs many carsdid come with both option and they are very helpful when you come to see the car.

CLIO 1.2 8V
Cheers edde!!

Thats great!

I've been enquiring about two trophys at the £9k mark..

Both have over 25k miles tho and I'll be using the car everyday to and from work so the mileage will be about 12,000 a year..

in three years time it'd have 60,000+

I'm just a bit concerned about the value decrease especially with the 197 being out :S

iv had my 182 for 4 months now and its amazing however like edde said each to their own get down a garage thats got a 182 and give it a go.... i pait 7700 for mine with 22000 miles and the private plate R18TOO but that was a bit of a deal of a very kind lad so there'e a rough guide!!

anyway whatever u get am sure u'll enjoy ur stay here!!

also as i am aware i thyink this is how it goes

172 cup is stripped of everything and will beat a cooper s and type-r
182 cup is bit different there are levels such as ................

ff has cup suspension, cup spoiler and cup wheels (MINE)---------and this i think will beat a cooper s and is close to a type-r

then there are levels down from this!

either way its only a matter of split seconds!!!

hope this kinda helps

vauxhall corsa c
there a 182 for sale in warrington for £6995 i think that the price black dont no if standard but its nice

Welcome to CS.

Yes you should be able to get a 182 for 7K. If i had my time again id buy a 172 cup in silver and use the extra money you'll save and put in recaros or similar. Although the half leather/ alcantara is nice, the seats are terribly positioned and any drive over 1 or 2 hours will leave you with back ache. Climate control is over rated, thats what windows are for ! Can honestly say i've never used the cruise control, (dont want to entrust my life to french engineering!) and speed limiter.
I bought the car to have fun in not pamper myself.
My 2 pence worth.

thats true actually i mean i bought the 182 purely cause my missus inherited one unfortunately from her mom and i loved it!

but yeah thinking about it... when i first got the car i did use the cruise control and the limiter along long roads with loads of cameras but now after careful thought .... i like driving and with cruise control it just doesnt feel right not driving lol

i do use climate control on odd occasions and altho the seats are nice he is right any longer than 2 hours and my back is hurting but would ricaros really feel like a sofa on a 3 hour journey!

all that said though i wouldnt change my decison to splash out as i love it... and like you said if you a sucker for gadgets get the 182.... at the end of the day the difference in speed is like tenths of a second!!!!!

let us know what u decide tho

clio 182
hiya, welcome

we brought our 182 3 weeks ago now from a chap called dan in litchfield in walsall. He knows his stuff about cars and we had a great deal with ours very pleased with it.

He has a website called www.dscars.co.uk

he has at the mo 2 Gordini Blue 05 plate 182 cup which he wants £7750 for ono.

If you look hard enough on there you will see my old punto that i p/x for my clio:dapprove:

Hope this helps

CLIO 1.2 8V
Thanks for all of your help.. Very friendly forum this one isn't it!

I think I've found one..

Its a FF 182 cup in racing blue with 44,000 miles at £7399

Fingers crossed...

CLIO 1.2 8V
Its trade.. and without haggling..

Is this a reasonable price?

It is the car I want.. apart from the stripes :rasp:

So its a cup right? No leather or climate (as you say FF which is not a cup) makes a difference to the price.

Does it have headlamp washers??

If its a FF182 i.e. not a cup then yeah thats a good price.

However its gonna need its 48K service very soon, so would factor that into the price, haggle him down.

CLIO 1.2 8V
Its got the cup packs, darker alloys, xenons, washers, auto wipers/lights and leather..

How much will a 48k service cost me?...

CLIO 1.2 8V
Bugger!!!

£300.. ouch!

I'll offer them the full asking price if they service the car..

I know that they bought the car from dk on here for £6700.. So there not too much room for bargaining..

Cheers bjorn for your input buddy!