ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi. Accidental Megane Coupe owner :)

Megane Coupe
Hello, nice site! I was looking for a sporty Clio but ended up with this phase 2 Megane Coupe 1.6 16v...

E53BF778-5804-4C3B-8A25-0A2ED397045B-3145-0000028F87D0366E.jpg

I couldn't resist it for £250! It had MOT, full leather interior, service history and working A/C. What a bargain. It drives well and I really love these engines, they sound great and love to be revved hard. I was going to give it a wash and double my money on it but we quite like it now.

We run two cars so my wife tends to drive sporty little hot hatches we can use on track days or to blat around North Wales at the weekends. So far we have had 5 Golf GTi's, 3 MX5's and an Alfa 156 Selespeed. I have always quite liked Renaults, we have had a couple of Scenics, RX4's and a Clio. The wife's uncle is also a Renault dealer. There doesn't seem to be an online community for the coupe so I thought it might be useful to sign up here. We tend to keep our cars OEM+, so modding will be quite subtle.

Last edited:
  Suzuki Jimny
Doesn't coupe-club.co.uk exist anymore? Been years since my ex owned an F7R Coupe. Welcome anyway :)

Unfortunately it closed down due to many reasons. Was really good when it was still running though, the south wales meets were always well attended.

Welcome btw, I really enjoyed my megane :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It joined up with RSC didnt it? Never really went on the new forum but really liked coupe-club, would probably still use it as well!

Welcome along mate, quite a few of us on here have had coupes, I've still got 1 but after 6 years I think it might be going soon :(

Quite a few people from coupe club are on renault online's facebook page. Shame it all went pete tong really.