ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi all, my first French car.......

clio Ph1 172
Hi everyone, after years of owning various cars, from fords (2 capris, 3 mk1 & 2 fiesta xr2s, xr2i, rs1800, fiesta rst (still own), mk4 fez with puma lump), bmw's (2 e30's), vw's (x3 mk1 & 2 golf gti's, mk3 polo), classic mini, also had a nova sr(a car Id never own again to be frank), I own & have owned various other motors aswell but none as interesting to me but to be perfectly honest & no disrespect to the French, i never had any intention of ever owning a French car (although always having a soft spot for the renaultsport models, beginning with the Williams clio)

That was until last week where I made an impulse decision & got my hands on an 2002 172 Clio (full fat model). I a can honestly say, I abserlutley love it, One of the most all round enjoyable cars I've ever owned & I can see may self ending up with a few more (though the missus doesn't know that yet haha)

Anyway thought id better join a forum nd this looked buy far the best so ive paid up, & I'm sure I'll be talking to many of you over the coming months & asking questions so thanks in advance :D

Cheers, matt

Nice bunch of cars you've had, and good to see actually owning one has changed your view a little.

So many people I know wouldn't dream of touching french, yet they run around in 1.2 Polo's etc, if only they knew :p

clio Ph1 172
I know yes definetly changed my view, even some of my friends have had to admit that they cool cars! I'll get some pics of my old motors up :D