ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi all!!

ClioSport 182 Cup
Hi all, just thought I would introduce myself! I am Kath and am the proud new owner of a Clio Sport 172 cup. I will get some pics up later on as only on my phone at the mo! My only issue is the Exhaust which is currently louder that my Partners Evo!! I'm therefore on the lookout for another SS Backbox if any of you know of any going??
Thanks
Kath;)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi Kath.

Welcome.

First things first - ignore the sharks !

Secondly, the exhaust - in my experience, if the backbox has gone, the rest is soon to follow and to just get it all done in one go. Is it all original or has it been replaced at some point ? If it's all as it came out the factory, replace the lot (cat-back). K-Tec stealth, or a Yozza are popular choices.

Where are you based ? Any exhaust company will make you one... or supply you with a 'standard' OEM copy. Don't go to Renault unless you want a laugh at the price.

Rob

ClioSport 182 Cup
Hi Rob, the back box hasn't gone. It's a hollow back box with no bafflers and was made that way. It's a full SS Cat Back System with no Centre box.
Kath :S

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Ahh.. my bad.

Can't go wrong with a Yozza IMO :) Best made exhausts out there. Ring Fred@BTM if you can't find a decent 2nd hand one !

Good luck ;)

Arctic Blue 182 FF
Welcome Kath,exhausts come up every week in the for sale section,keep a look out ;)

Clio
Oh Kath oh Kath.
This place is a laugh
Almost as much fun as a bath.
I spent al this time,
Writing this rhyme,
because over the internet a mime would be s**t.

Welcome along.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If the backbox has got nothing in there, maybe as a suggestion take it to local exhaust making place and see what they can do for you. I would try Prospeed in Cardiff as they did a nice stealth exhaust for my old 172Cup a few years ago and I've been there recently to get one done for the 182.

Its all a case of what YOU want to do, Yozzas are a performance exhaust, but for more performance/power on a 172/182 it very expensive per extra horse and most modifications don't tend to free up too much power if people are honest. Have a look through the media section and use the search facility for 172Cup and exhaust and see what options you have available, but there are plenty of people on here who can give you advice/help...oh, and welcome to the Club. :)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Oh Kath oh Kath.
This place is a laugh
Almost as much fun as a bath.
I spent al this time,
Writing this rhyme,
because over the internet a mime would be s**t.

Welcome along.

Lol I actually laughed out loud at the last line of your ryme!

Welcome Kath :)