ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi Def TV

ICE'dberg MK2 172
I know Sky are launching early in the new year... mega bucks probably... but will BBc/Itv etc launch next year too??

Also anyone know if it will be available over Digital Terrestrial..IE through an existing Freeview type box or will it be another ad-on??

Need to feed me Plasma and LCD some Hi Def signals before they wear out!!!

172 Cup
I know Telewest have/are launching Hi-Def via Cable but none of the present Freeview boxes are compatible.

ICE'dberg MK2 172
Mmmm... another add on then.
Or what about the new tv's that are being launched... IE Samsung ...LE26R41BDX... 26" LCD with integrated Freeview be comatible??

Boxster S
chris172 said:
I know Sky are launching early in the new year... mega bucks probably... but will BBc/Itv etc launch next year too??

Also anyone know if it will be available over Digital Terrestrial..IE through an existing Freeview type box or will it be another ad-on??

Need to feed me Plasma and LCD some Hi Def signals before they wear out!!!

Sky are launching next year, but are already recording stuff (sports etc) in HD so they will have an archive to call on. All football will be HD once it's launched.
BBC are starting to experiment with HD, but budget as ever is too high at the moment, but I think they are launching a service next year as well, I certainly know that they will be recording programmes in HD next year.
You'll need to change your Freeview box as it has to be able to pick up and process the HD signals once they are broadcast...

Dirty E91
The beeb is already filing stuff in HD, some programme called Bleak House which is on a the moment is recorded in HD.
Sky will be showing Sky Sports and a couple of movie channels in HD when it all kicks off.

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!
.Griff. said:
I know Telewest have/are launching Hi-Def via Cable but none of the present Freeview boxes are compatible.

HOW mad is that...

I need to save my pennies for a HD TV... other wise my lounge will never get decorated :dapprove:

READ*needs hanging on the chimney breast*