ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi from Brighton/Ipswich!

PB 172 ph2
Hi guys,

I'm Stu (Fyfe - hance the nickaname) 25 from Ipswich, but living down in Brighton 'til July. I registered on here quite a while ago looking for mechanical guides for my 1995 Clio 1.4 Champs Elysees which I'm now sadly scrapping. So this is my first post!

It'll be a shame to see her go
front.jpg

This was my first car, so I was new to it all. I've had it for 3 years and have learnt SO much since then. I've done bodywork repairs, electrics, oil filter and coolant changes, spark plugs, brake pads and discs, alternator... and not so long ago I took the cylinder head off and changed all the valve stem oil seals, lapped the valves in as the exhaust valves were filthy, and done the cambelt and water pump while I was there. http://s391.photobucket.com/albums/oo356/stuart_fyfe/Facebook/Clio Head Rebuild/

I now want something quicker... and now I think I have enough knowledge under my belt to keep a car in good mechanical order. I'm leaning towards a 172 Cup, so am just reading articles on here of what to look out for / how much belt changes and servicing costs etc before I start hunting.

I've seen a lot of people say to go with a Ph1 instead? What do you think?

Anyone else round the Ipswich area?