ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi from sunny Scotland!

Clio 182
Joined a week or so ago and have been lurking ever since so thought I better say hi officially.

Very recently "downsized" from an Omega 2.5 V6 to a 182. Always driven big cars so wasn't sure how I'd go with a little 'un but I love it....it's so much fun and surprisingly it doesn't feel small inside (although I wouldn't like to have to sit in the back!).

The car came with absolutely no service history and although I've bought a new book and managed to track down the first three stamps for it I still think it's better to treat the car as needing EVERYTHING immediately. So far I've taken care of a timing & aux belt change and now looking to service. From my lurking I've managed to extract info on the best spark plugs, oil & filter, etc. but still looking for part numbers for air/fuel/air con filters. If anyone can supply them it would be greatly appreciated. :D

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
welcome from Mr Aberdeen :D sounds like you have taken care of the major things mate.
hi guys i stay in west lthian but once took a trip with my ex to see her family in port gordon,it was the drive of my life up and down a keep looking for an excuse to do it again.you have the craziest accents but the best roads lol

Astra van,Mk1 nova
welcome from Mr Aberdeen :D sounds like you have taken care of the major things mate.
hi guys i stay in west lthian but once took a trip with my ex to see her family in port gordon,it was the drive of my life up and down a keep looking for an excuse to do it again.you have the craziest accents but the best roads lol

yeah nice roads:cool: i took a drive to inverness and back last week just for the run:)

koi

Audi S1
Welcome from the shire :)

Where abouts did you get your timing and aux belt done? Mine is approaching the 5 year mark so need find somewhere to get it done.

RB 200 Cup!
Joined a week or so ago and have been lurking ever since so thought I better say hi officially.

Very recently "downsized" from an Omega 2.5 V6 to a 182. Always driven big cars so wasn't sure how I'd go with a little 'un but I love it....it's so much fun and surprisingly it doesn't feel small inside (although I wouldn't like to have to sit in the back!).

The car came with absolutely no service history and although I've bought a new book and managed to track down the first three stamps for it I still think it's better to treat the car as needing EVERYTHING immediately. So far I've taken care of a timing & aux belt change and now looking to service. From my lurking I've managed to extract info on the best spark plugs, oil & filter, etc. but still looking for part numbers for air/fuel/air con filters. If anyone can supply them it would be greatly appreciated. :D

welcomwe to CS! same position with me - my flamer came with no RSH but i got everything done anyways and she runs perfectly

Clio 182

Where abouts did you get your timing and aux belt done? Mine is approaching the 5 year mark so need find somewhere to get it done.
I actually went to Parks' Renault in Coatbridge to get it done. Normally don't do main dealers but due to initially having no service book or history thought that it would be better to start building some using main dealer. It came in at just over £500 and all of the other garages that I spoke to were only £40-£50 cheaper so wasn't too bad a deal.

Clio 182

I actually went to Parks' Renault in Coatbridge to get it done. Normally don't do main dealers but due to initially having no service book or history thought that it would be better to start building some using main dealer. It came in at just over £500 and all of the other garages that I spoke to were only £40-£50 cheaper so wasn't too bad a deal.

Clio 182
Thanks for all the replies, it's great to see so many people this side of the border and even better to see so many locals.

I'll get some pics taken and posted soon although you'll probably notice the car more when/if I get around to transferring my plates from the meega.

Clio 200
you dont happen to be a blondie and is it a arctic 182?

seen one down hamilton few weeks back getting tanked a bit

Clio 182
The blondie bit yes but definately not me in Hamilton. Had the car a few weeks but only officially put it on the road on Monday after timing belt & MOT.

koi

Audi S1

£500?!? Is that all, seems pretty cheep! Was that just for the belts or was it the service as well?