ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi guys

Focus RS
Hi there, I'm Josh and I'm 22 from Essex.

I've been a member on here a while and about a year and a half ago, I was about a week away from buying a brand new Clio 200. Anyway, due to circumstances beyond my control, this didn't happen.

I ended up buying a mk1 Focus RS a few months later, which I still own. I'm currently looking to sell this due to buying my first house, so need something a bit cheaper, but just as fun.

I'm currently swaying between a few different cars, with the Clio 197 being a top contender. I'm just looking for some general help and advice really!

Firstly, are there any major differences chassis wise between the standard 197 and the F1 R27? I know the suspension has been stiffened and was slightly lower, but apart from that are there any differences between the ARBs etc?

Secondly, what do other 197 drivers average MPG-wise? I'm currently getting 22-25 on average from the RS, so higher than this is ideal.

Finally, what sort of RPM do they sit at in 6th at 70? I'm looking for something that's fairly refined when I want it to be, but fun when I want to put my foot down.

Thanks in advance!

Josh

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
The R27 & the Clio with cup pack chassis are the same

THe r27 has as STANDARD

Recaros,Plaque, Decals, Cup Chassis & anthricite wheels, rear tints

Optional extras on the R27 were

Xenons, Climate, Heated electric folding mirrors, Cup Spoiler, Cup Splitter, Side skirts,

MPG 25-30 depending on driving

Prices

6500 for a bottom end R27- red or black circa 50k up to
8500 for a sub 30k R27 in LY-

S

Focus RS
Thanks for the replies, I'm booked in for a test drive in a standard 197 (with a Milltek cat back) tomorrow at 12.30, so I'll see what I think then :D

Focus RS
Test drove the 197 today :) very nice to drive and seemed to handle well (as far as I could tell, think I scared the Renault dealer :rasp:), I'm not sure if it's for me though, it's too refined and smooth..I think a 182 would suit me more ;)

Focus RS
Thanks mate, I've seen a couple I like ;)

I'm looking at a Trophy I think, I like the idea of having another exclusive, limited edition car with Sachs suspension :D

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Hi mate and welcome! Its the same Scattle from Zsoc, hope you manage to find a decent 182. Shame the RS has to go though.

Focus RS
Hello mate, long time no speak! How've you been?

Yeah it's a shame but it's one of those things! I'll definitely own another some day :D

Arctic 182, GTD
I thought I recognized your name off ZSOC, your mk5 was mint! No doubt your clio will look even better.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hi and welcome back

Im averaging 36 mpg with motorway driving... I occasionally manage this

3aec53d4.jpg

:cool: