ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi, im new, and have a question guys

Citroen C2 Furio
Hey all, new to the forum since my girlfriend is after a Clio.

We rang up and are going to go view this Clio tomo, just wondered what you thought of the details and if its a good price for its mileage etc..

Also, what should i look at, to make sure its a nice steady car.

Heres the clio and details...

media.jpg

RENAULT CLIO 1.2
04 reg
29,000 miles
silver metalic, 12 mths MOT, CD player, e/windows, c/locking, p/steering, immaculate condition inside & out.
£3,295ono

Thoughts?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If thats a 16v and not the old 8v, its cheap as f**k!

If uoi don't buy it, pm me the number and i'll go and have a look!

If its an 8v, then its priced about right.

Citroen C2 Furio
Thanks pal, i don't know anything about the make, i need to ring tomo again nice and early to ask what the adress is etc.

How can i find out if its 8v or 16v ? parkers doesnt help, because i don't know if its a dynamique or anything lol

Citroen C2 Furio
Hope its not like the other clio i test drove. It was a 2002 RENAULT CLIO 1.2 16V Expression. The only things i found funny about the drive was....

The handbrake felt very very loose, as in it wobled left and right, and didn't seem strong.

The other thing was everytime i changed gear it jaggered and jumped a little for every gear, jus't wasn't as smooth. That normal for these aged clios?

Citroen C2 Furio
Went to see it today, we didn't buy it.

The car ran like a beauty, had 3 owners, had 29k miles. The wheel trims were totally screwed, had few scartches on the front and counted 6 dents around the bodywork. The g-f didn't like it unfortunately. I actaully liked it.

She said she definetely wanted a black clio so going to keep lookinmg about for one. Thought i'd let ya's know !"

The handbrake felt very very loose, as in it wobled left and right, and didn't seem strong.

The other thing was everytime i changed gear it jaggered and jumped a little for every gear, jus't wasn't as smooth. That normal for these aged clios?
Handbrake cam be connon there two 10mm nuts just need doing up just pull the cover of and you'll see the nuts.

Could be low on oil the box or the engine mount worn they do wear.