ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi new here can you help

Lo all,

Im thinking of getting a Phase1 172 in the early part of next year and wondered if you could help me out by answering a couple of questions?

Do phase1s have ESP?

Do phase 1s have Digital climate control?

I know the Phase2s have all of the above and xenon lights etc, but I cant afford a newer 172 so was wondering what toys the earlier ones have.

Thanks for any advice :)

Ah cheers :oops:

So the phase1s have air con and traction control then but not super whizzy Climate and ESP.

Nevermind, air-con will be good enough for me and I think I can manage to keep it in a straight line ;)

Ill be looking at spending around £5k, I should be able to get one for that shouldnt I?

Also, I know about the French reputation for build quality and reliability, I have owned a VTR and VTS in the past and although they were always as good as good I know lots of people arent so lucky with French motors but I was wondering if there are any weak points to look out for or known faults that might rear their head on a S/H 172.

Sorry for all the questions but my first step in getting to know a new car I have never driven before is have a chat to the peeps that know... The owners.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Actually its no ... no .. and no

Air Con but no digital climate ... no traction control ... no ESP

Arctic Blue 182

172 Mk1s dont have traction control, climate control, cruise control or any of the toys the Mk2s and 182s have.

They just have normal air conditioning.

I used to have one. Great cars.

Ziel Nurburgring

Go drive one, questions wont matter after that. I wasnt sure when i bought mine, test drove it and had to have one (mk2 172).

Might have to go for the Mk2 then, looks like it has loads of extra toys on it :)

I suppose there is very little performance or driving difference between the two?

Theres a few 02 mk2s for less than £7k on autotrader so might take a look at them.

Prefer the lights on the mk2s anyway.

I will line up some test drives this weekend if I get the chance, Ill miss the feeling of boost from mine but I wont miss a whining about to blow diff and pouring 5ltrs of oil in a month just to watch it pour back out on my driveway :eek:

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

The ESP/TC is crap anyway I turn it off most of the time. One of my front wheels was spinning slightly for 50 yards this morning before the light came on to say it was working.

Quote: Originally posted by Chad on 15 December 2004

The ESP/TC is crap anyway I turn it off most of the time. One of my front wheels was spinning slightly for 50 yards this morning before the light came on to say it was working.
Fair enough, wont let that sway my choice to much then.

Thanks

Nice car mate :)

Not going to have the money for one for a couple of months or so though, not that Ill tell the dealers that when booking test drives ;)