ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hi people

mol

328sport
Hi, Im Matt from Wrexham I'm 23 and at present I own a bmw 328.
However tho ive signed up here because I'm looking to sell in the near future and buy myself a clio.

The only thing I'm unsure of is whether to go for a normal 172 or for a 172cup? Ive looked at the difference in prices and for a similar year and similar mileage, I'd be looking at paying about a grand more for the cup. Im just curious to whether the cup is that much better to make me want to pay an extra 1k ? Or whether the standard spec172 isnt far off a cup anyway?

Anyway enough of me going on, hopefully speak to you all at sometime or another.

cheers
:)

RB 200 Cup!
get a normal 172 or full fat version as they are called - got climate control and all the other creature cmforts. Cups dont have this and are purely drivers cars.

end of the day its up to you but i say get a 172FF.

no doubt some cup drivers will come along and slate that but hey ho!

welcome to CS as well

mol

328sport
Cheers for that mate.
Is there much noticable difference in speed/power between a 172FF and a cup?.
I noticed on parkers I think the top speeds were down as being identical, but the cup was about 0.2 quicker to 60mph.
But after that they seem quite evenly matched. So for the sake of an extra 1k+ I couldnt really see the benefits of paying that much extra.

But Ive never owned either, never driven either, so thats basically why i'm here to hear peoples opinions that actually own these motors lol