ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID Dissapointment!!!

phase 1 172
evening all

i was wondering if anybody has any experiences of HID kits from Diane-shop on ebay. recieved my kit yesterday and after many hours of headache`s i finally got them to work but cannot believe the lack of visibility.

considerably less than my standard bulbs! i literally have to pull up a yard behind vehicles before the light is seen and they dont even light signposts!

has anyone had similar issues and is it just due to the quality of the product?

any response would be appreciated

Rich

S2 106 GTI
I have HID's in my trophy and they are good! theres no point putting full beam on anymore :)

I bough mine 2nd hand of here but I think the 1st guy bought them from HID4U.

Always have mixed reports buying from ebay

audi a6 3.0tdi
I always fit hid kits to my cars as they are far brighter than standard and look better too.

i always use 6000k if you have gone for something stupid like 12000k it might be the case that you can't see anything. if you have around the 6000k mark and can not see anything you have either fitted the kit wrong or they are broken.

Megane dci 130
Are you sure the bulbs are fitted right. Mine have always been exelent and mine were from diane-shop.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I got mine second hand off a guy on here for £10.

No idea what they are, guessin around 6/7K and they are awesome. Don't need full beam on anymore. Only bad thing is they take about 10 seconds to fully light up.

phase 1 172
temperature is 6000k! i`ve attempted to rotate the bulb in its holder to see if its the reflection so god knows what the issue is! the only problem i had in the fitting process was trying to connect the spade connectors to the existing wiring loom

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Get the beam pattern set up? Might be all to c**k, any MOT plce should do it, not a big job lol. FYI i found 6000k w**k. Changed to 5000k much better. 4300k is oem set up on most cars

Bus w**ker
Might not be wired up correctly, seeing as you had to f**k about and bodge them. Mine are 6k and look like this from the outside when lit, baring in mind that these were taking in broad daylight.

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

img_0445.jpg

None from in side to show the amount of light being thrown but it's safe to say that it's massively improved over the shite OE lights.

Not got a car
evening all

i was wondering if anybody has any experiences of HID kits from Diane-shop on ebay. recieved my kit yesterday and after many hours of headache`s i finally got them to work but cannot believe the lack of visibility.

considerably less than my standard bulbs! i literally have to pull up a yard behind vehicles before the light is seen and they dont even light signposts!

has anyone had similar issues and is it just due to the quality of the product?

any response would be appreciated

Rich

:nono: Cheap were they?

6k are not going to be better than standard.

Bus w**ker
:nono: Cheap were they?

6k are not going to be better than standard.
Mine were cheap and work perfectly. Giving off a much brighter light pattern.

And why would that be exactly? :S The majority of OE installs run 4300k and that the colour temperature (Kelvin) bears no meaning to the intensity of light thrown (Lux).

6000k is about on par to the colour of light given off during a typical sunny day or a flash on a camera.

Not got a car
4300k is brighter than 6000k, Fact

6000k is about on par to the colour of light given off during a typical sunny day or a flash on a camera.

No its not, Google it

The majority of OE installs run 4300k

Its because its the brightest

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Thats why i ditched the 6000k. Too blue. The lower the K the better the light output.

I'd say 4300-5000 will be spot on imo

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
cheers Gaz, what would the MOT station do to alter it?

There's adjutsters at the top of each headlight that points the beams up and down. You've probably knocked the patterns out of alignment. All mot stations have a pattern tester. So your lights can be set up on these. Only a ten min job!! Go to kwikfit, slip a mech a tenner ;)

phase 1 172
understand peoples comments about OEM and 4300 being the optimal but i did my research with the seller and temperature and felt it would be ok

the light being emmit is less than standard bulbs which even with 6000k rating should be at the very least on par with halogen not too mention a slight improvement

also there have been many post by people stating theres have much improved there visibility so perhaps the allignment is out affecting the performance!

cheers though guys

Not got a car
Im getting 6k for mine, but im getting mine from HID-Direct, as ive had trouble with ebay ones

phase 1 172
thats fair enough sometimes you win sometimes you lose ;)

so lee do they come specific for clios`s including the connector between bulb an loom

172 5HED
Stava, they are the same thing as xenons mate!

6k is plenty bright enough (or the kits I know are)! 4300 is OEM colour temp.

Not got a car
thats fair enough sometimes you win sometimes you lose ;)

so lee do they come specific for clios`s including the connector between bulb an loom

Yes you need a D2S if you clio already has HIDs like my 182 as standard, Im just going to buy the bulbs, Stick them in and plug it up.

phase 1 172
right o, mine`s a phase 1 so require the plug for a 9005 as oppose to the spade connectors with universal kits

Bus w**ker
4300k is brighter than 6000k, Fact
Feel free to link me to these "facts" you're going on about...although for now I'll go with Chemistry and Physics as being correct until proven wrong.

No its not, Google it
Errrm ok.
colour-temperature.gif

The majority of OE installs run 4300k

Its because its the brightest

Did you actually read anything I wrote? THE KELVIN TEMPERATURE IS THE COLOUR OF THE LIGHT THROWN. Jesus f**king christ, it has no bearing on the intensity (brightness) of the light cast.

If you had a 4300k HID that kicked out 3200lm and a 6000k HID that only threw 2800lm then yes the 4300k will be slightly (not really noticeably TBH) brighter. But if both were throwing out 3200lm then they would cast the same intensity of light.

Not got a car
cant be arse with all that, you bore me

4300k is brighter than 6000k dont give a brown poop about colour. And yes you notice alot of difference.

Last edited: