ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID HELP PLEASE?????????

Hi all,

i recently bought a 172 cup, i bought a hid kit for it but cant seem to get the bulb to twist into the bulb holders :/ i was wondering if anyone else has tried doing this? the kit is a h7 kit so is this definately the right kit? mines a 53 plate?
If it comes to having to take the bumper off is it much of a chew? as this is my first clio so not really clued up about stuff on them tbh, thanks in advance

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
H7 is the High beam on a Ph.1.

On a Ph.2 without projectors (as OP has), H7 is the dipped beam.

I know the answer but I'm not telling him because he'll go and blind everyone.

blind everyone? not if there alligned correctly at a garage n kept pointing at the floor wont blind anyone, iv had hids in every car iv had

306 GTI-6
Thats not true, there are some cars with reflectors that come with xenon/hid bulbs as standard, Renault being one of them.

Thy are also not illegal, at the moment.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
projector-vs-reflector.jpg

Note the faint glare above the headlight beam. This is what blinds other road users. With a conventional bulb, the glare isn't too bad but with HIDs the light outputted is, IIRC, around four times greater. Which is enough to dazzle.

/thread.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I don't see the point in getting HIDs if you're just going to point them at the floor tbh. But whatevs. Cool innit.

Also, re. the cars with factory HIDs in reflector units. Apparently they're different to your run of the mill unit. Someone on here explained the difference ages ago. I forget the details however.

2007 clio dynamique
blind everyone? not if there alligned correctly at a garage n kept pointing at the floor wont blind anyone, iv had hids in every car iv had

even if there aligned correctly you can still tell you have hids in standard reflector lenses and imo they don't look good at all

I don't see the point in getting HIDs if you're just going to point them at the floor tbh. But whatevs. Cool innit.

Also, re. the cars with factory HIDs in reflector units. Apparently they're different to your run of the mill unit. Someone on here explained the difference ages ago. I forget the details however.

same, just like the look though tbh, all these going on asif theyre gonna kill someone, i asked how to fit them not a lecture on crap that half of you have done before anyways! cant tell me everything uv done on your car is legal. but fine il just find out off someone else doesnt bother me thought forums were supposed to be helping each other not giving lectures

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
same, just like the look though tbh, all these going on asif theyre gonna kill someone, i asked how to fit them not a lecture on crap that half of you have done before anyways! cant tell me everything uv done on your car is legal. but fine il just find out off someone else doesnt bother me thought forums were supposed to be helping each other not giving lectures

We aren't going to help you do something which is dangerous, or at the very least annoying to everyone. It would be irresponsible. As above, it's in your interest, because the police will pull you for it.