ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High emissions causing failed mot

Clio 182
Hey,

I am new on here and hoping someone might to able to help me as I am having a nightmare. I have done loads of searching but can't seem to find the right answer. I recently purchased a 182 as a project with no mot. I have done all the things needed to the car but it is still failing on high emissions. Apparently the garage have never seen readings so high.

I plugged my rs tuner into it and there was the fault code in the memory in orange not red. DF0092, DF0967 O2 sensor front. I have cleared this since and is not coming back on.

Also I have noticed that it doesn't rev above 6500rpm. I know this is for when it is cold but even after 30 mins of driving and the temperature gauge coming up it still won't rev past. When the rs tuner was plugged in I could see that the sensor was working as I was getting a reading of 70 degrees. Is there any other sensor that would cause it to think it's not warm enough and running rich?

The car does smell really rich and a bit smokey from the exhaust.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Clio 182
Is the gauge up as it should all the way? If not that's the thermostat.

Only other thing I could think of could be the Lambda sensor possibly?

No it sits halfway on the temperature gauge i'm guessing where it should do. Just don't know why it won't rev past 6500 and if that could be linked with something to do with it running rich and high emissions?