ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High mileage possible newb

Evo vi & astra h
Hi I'm Ryan from Leeds. I've been away from Renault sport for a while, I've previously had a burnt orange 182, a 197 and meg 225. I've been in an evo vi for the last 18months or so.
i have been offered a tidy 197 in blue 2006 plate for the bargain price of £2000. The only catch is the mileage is 160k. It has full service history and has been used mainly on the motorway, its had 2 cam belt changes one of which has just been done.
my thinking is this would make a nice 2nd car to use for commuting, taking the dog out and obviously the odd B road blast.
Does any one else have a 197 with any where near 160k?
Are these cars proving to be reliable as they get older? When I had my last 197 it was only 2 years old so I don't know much about this area of them.
what do you guys recon to the price?
cheers, Ryan

Evo vi & astra h
Thanks for the replies. I went for a look round it today and its even cleaner than my mate described it, ill definately be having it

RB 182
As mentioned above, for £2k, you'd be a fool to not take a punt.

​Looking forward to these pics!

Evo vi & astra h
Sorry it took a while for some pics but here it is.
you would never know the mileage from driving the car it really drives mint.
the only bad parts are flaking paint on the front bumper (not a problem as I'm a painter by trade). And some wear on the drivers seat and steering wheel

null_zps0c5b7a57.jpg

null_zpsc8859a27.jpg

null_zpse8df9e59.jpg

null_zps952ddb68.jpg

Last edited:

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Bargain buy! Enjoy it! What's the engine like? Just curious if its slightly noisy or anything?

Evo vi & astra h
Bargain buy! Enjoy it! What's the engine like? Just curious if its slightly noisy or anything?

The engine sounds good, I was expecting it to be "tappy" but its not at all. There is a bit of a whining type noise from the engine bay when the car is cold, I'm guessing it might be the auxiliary belt.